the troubles....

As they got comfortable over the next few weeks living in the trailer together, Eddie really started focusing on school more and on helping Steve through the start of his pregnancy.

The specialist told Steve he can continue to work for a while, but to take it easy. Three babies are much more work to keep growing than one, two even. It takes a lot of energy and rest to make sure he stays healthy for them. Keith unexpectantly modified his job duties to help him stay off his feet more instead of firing him, which for some reason brought Steve to tears. Hormones were amping up clearly, and poor Eddie was in the crossfire of it most of the time.

Robin received some of it at work, but not as much as Eddie, that's for sure.

"I feel fucking crazy." He sniffles, sitting on the edge of their bed. He'd just finished a crying fit a minute ago because the peanut butter Wayne buys is crunchy instead of smooth and that set him off for who knows what reason.

"We'll get you some smooth peanut butter, Princess. Don't worry." Eddie soothed him, anyway, kissing his head and giving his little belly a rub. "Babies want smooth, they get smooth."

"Okay." Steve sighs, wiping at his tears.

Eddie also stayed up alongside Steve, all the nights he found himself in the bathroom, unable to keep his food down. Morning sickness hit him a little late, which the doctor told him was normal. The more hormones his body creates, the more likely he is to get sick. There is some heavy truth in that. At nearly fourteen weeks pregnant, he's now spent most nights and mornings with his head in the toilet.

Eddie is right there with him the whole time with a sleeve of crackers in one hand and ginger ale in the other. He just finished puking up his dinner a moment ago and sat back on his heels with a hard breath.

"Oh god...I'm so sorry," Steve grimaces, taking the ginger ale from Eddie after flushing the toilet.

"For what, babe? You can't help it." He furrows his brow, leaning up to look at Steve.

"I'm a fucking mess." He groans, rubbing his little rounded belly.

The other just smirks and places the sleeve of crackers on the sinks counter, "You're pregnant, honey. You're not a mess." Eddie shakes his head. He gets up and scoots closer to Steve, pulling him into his lap. Eddie wedges himself between Steve, the tub and the toilet, spreading his legs so Steve can recline back into his chest.

"Come on, that's it. Take a little rest, sweet pea." He says, urging Steve to let his body relax. Eddie curls his legs in, giving Steve a little support under his bottom, to prevent him from sliding. The younger man then lays with his forehead pressed into Eddie's cheek, his back against Eddie's warm chest and his knees bent before him. Eddie reaches around him, rolling up his boyfriend's shirt and rubbing soothing circles over his bare tummy to help calm it.

"I can't believe you're growing three babies in here." Eddie says, admiring the recent popped expanse of his boyfriend's waist.

"I can. They are making my life hell." He groans, swallowing slowly to prevent another vomiting episode. Eddie continues to rub, but Steve lays his hand over Eddie's to slow his movements.

"Not so hard." Steve grimaces with a whimper.

"Sorry, pumpkin." Eddie whispers, lightening his touch. He presses a gentle kiss against his boyfriend's forehead, wrapping him warmly in his arms as a little reminder that he's safe. Before he knows it, Steve's breathing has slowed to the point Eddie's sure he's asleep.

"Stevie, let's go to bed, honey." Eddie whispers, trying to move him.

"Mm, nooo." He mumbles, snuggling into Eddie.

"Okay, Princess...five more minutes then." He smiles warmly, letting his legs go numb under the weight of his boyfriend. Wayne finds them together like this and grabs Eddie a small pillow from the couch, so he can rest his head to be comfortable too.

"Poor thing...ginger ale didn't help?"

"I think it's just a gamble if I'm being honest." Eddie says, peering down at Steve's peaceful face. He lays a hand over his belly and smiles again. "He'll be okay." He says.

"I hope so. I can see how worried it's making you."

"What can I say, I love them...I don't like seeing him like this anymore than he likes feeling like this." Eddie shrugs gently, in hopes it doesn't wake Steve and Wayne gives him a little smile before turning the light out, letting the hallway be their only source of light for a while.