𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 11

Every one were chilling in the living room until isha came up with an idea of playing cricket.

In the scorching sun above them, no one was ready to take risk and get thei skin tanned or irritated with rashes. But isha, gave every one the doe eyes followed by a threat to sit at home and not attend any wedding functions that were going to kick off in less than a week, finally a few of her cousins agreed.

Isha's main task was to convince ashi so that it'll be on her to convince ishan and the rest of the other cousin who were giving her a hard time.

All the elderly woman and men were still chit chatting on the dining table while their half filled plates wait for them to get touched.

"Ashi, meri jaan, please! " She squeezed her hand causing her to groan in pain.

"Ouch! " She swatted her hand away and ignored her.

Ashi didn't wanted to take risk about her skin, it has always been sensitive and she would not want to look like a rat with all the rashes on her body just before the wedding.

"I thought I could count on you, ashi!" Isha muttered quietly playing with the torn part of her kurta she was wearing with denim under it.

Ashi huffed out a breath of air before turning to her

"You can still count on me, my dearest sister in law. But no, I'm not going to play with you all in that blazing hot sun" She said giving her a sweet smile and bopping her nose causing her to scowl at her.

"You guys carry on" She said opening the front page of the magazine seema reads. It was about her makeup line. A smile pulls up on her lips when she sees the reviews of her products and ratings on it.

No wonder why seema was so confident in everything she does. She might be small in figure but has the entire house on the tip of her finger since she is the eldest of all. Eldest of her own siblings and also the oldest sister in law to adarsh's siblings.

"Ashi, if you play with us today, then I will give you a foot massage tonight! " She pushes her, forcing her to accept.

Now that was something ashi could think about, after all the proposal isn't that bad.

She looks up at him to find humor shining in isha's eyes and ashi chuckles softly at her tactics.

"Do we have a deal then? I won't trust you next time of you don't give me a hot oil foot massage tonight" Ashi made sure everyone hears it.

All of them burst into laughter when they fist bump closing off the deal.

"But you have to convince ishan bhai to play with us" She pouted again causing ashi to narrow ger eyes with creases in her forehead.

"That's not my expertise, I'm sorry" She admitted sheepishly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, with her cheeks going pink.

Ishan and ashi have still not settled on good terms. They still have bad blood in between them and maybe it will be there until this whole contract gets finished.

"It is you expertise only, ma'am. Please go and bring my brother with you, all ready for the match" She pushes ashi off the couch towards the stairs where ishan was in their room, probably doing some shitty work.

"God.. Things you make me do for you" She mumbled while taking steps, one at at time and her heart was beating at the thought.

It has been acting weird since a long time.

Bringing her hand to the door, she knocked the door of their room and the door opens to a shirtless ishan.

Her breath gets hitched in her throat at the sight. The perfectly carved chest with the ridges of his abs and the muscles of his biceps, he was looking no less than a Greek god-adonis.

He was perfect, so perfect that ashi didn't realize she was gaping at his naked body with her eyes wide and lips part.

Ishan didn't expect that kind of reaction from her. He was working on his laptop when he heard the knock and he saw her for the first time since the morning because ashi left the room early to help the ladies in the kitchen with the breakfast.

"It's rude to stare" Ishan said, his tone flat and grumpy like someone woke him up from a peaceful nap. He puts his hand in the pocket of his sweatpants and waits for her to reply.

Ashi cleared her throat, with her cheeks getting maroon. She tucked hair behind her ear and looked him in the eye.

"Then don't walk around naked in the first place" Raising her eyebrows she walked towards her side of the bed and picked her phone up.

Feeling his gaze on her, she looked up and he is still watching her.

"Any particular reason you disturbed me? "

Disbelief filled her body, she minded her own business since the day he showed her the reality that she doesn't belong to his family, she distanced herself.

"Everyone are playing cricket downstairs, join if you want. Isha thinks I can only convince you to play with us so they forced me to ask you" She said moving her hands in the air Animatedly.

"Cricket?"

She bit the corner of her lip while nodding yes.

"What are you guys? Like twelve years old? "

"Keep your useless commentaries to yourself if you don't want to join. " She walked past him and expected him to stop her.

But he was ishan mehra, the one with ego of a mountain. He didn't stop her but watched her as she left the room.

Ashi took the scrunchie hanging on the handle of the door and tied her hair into a high ponytail, leaving a few of her hair in the front, to fly loose. Her maroon kurta looked absolutely regal on her which she donned with denim and was looking absolutely chic.

With one last glance at ishan, ashi left with her phone in her hand and closed the door with him staring at her disappearing figure.