Chapter 10: An Unexpected Banquet

8:30 PM Thursday September 3rd, 2015

E and R Radio, Chicago, Illinois

"Anything?" Lulu asked while pacing up and down the room she and Dante were in. It had been generously provided by Ed, and as she saw Dante scrolling on a laptop the studio used, she realized she was slowly becoming more and more impatient.

"Dante?" She asked again, seeing a flicker of movement outside the window, a downpour having started an hour ago that did little to relax her. Every now and then a faint chill would spread through her and she'd see or hear something, whether it be a flicker of movement, a floorboard creaking, or a faint hissing noise from behind her.

It's tormenting me..... I'm like a beacon for it.

Dante cursed slowly under his breath, shaking his head and looking up at Lulu as he pulled out his phone and began dialing a number while she looked at him pleadingly.

"Anything? Please?" She asked desperately, Dante holding the phone to his ear and shaking his head.

"Nothing online.... Or in the city records. Or at least, nothing unusual. It's just an old radio station from the 40s, it changed ownership a bunch of times until it was abandoned along with this whole neighborhood, and just like Ed and Rick told us, they bought it and refurbished it. So I'm calling a friend of mine at City Hall, hopefully they can pull up something." Dante said as whoever he had called must have answered, Dante speaking into it while Lulu walked up to the window and put a hand on it, looking out at Chicago and the skyline of the city she called home.

Okay..... Let's come up with a plan while we still can.

We go around the radio station and film anything and everything we can. Whether it's a flicker of movement, a silhouette, anything at all....

Wait..... I do have those pictures Ed gave me....

No. Shit, I left them back at my apartment. Maybe if I could get in contact with Mrs.Ermingsmith? Juan? Axel?

Those could be evidence enough to send to the Vatican..... But they might claim they're doctored.

Lulu clenched her fist on the glass, looking out as she saw her brow furrow in frustration. Turgenev had been her only Church contact, the only exorcist she was aware of in America. Without him, without an exorcist period, there was no way for her to get rid of whatever this demon was. There was no idol either, of that much she was certain.

I know the feeling now..... I've been around two of them and it's.... It's different from the cold feeling I'm used to. After walking around here for a while and just being here..... I can tell it's different.

She saw the familiar glint of headlights from down the hill, watching the electronic gate open and a familiar black car coming up the road as she saw her reflection smile and a small sense of relief washed over her.

"Cynthia is here." Lulu said to Dante, the man holding up a hand for quiet as he was deep in conversation with someone, Lulu rolling her eyes and watching the car come up the hill.

"Miss Murphy?" A voice from the doorway inquired, Lulu looking around to see Clementine standing there, a friendly smile on her face as she held up two bottles of water.

"It's gonna be a long night, best keep your strength up right?" Clementine asked sweetly, walking over to the desk and placing the bottles while Lulu couldn't help but smile and walk over to the desk.

"Thanks, that's sweet of you. Tell me, what brings a sweet Southern girl like you to Chicago? And to work in a radio station of all things? You owe Ed money or something?" Lulu asked while opening her bottle and taking a quick drink, Clementine stifling a laugh at Lulu's dig.