Chapter 9

(Edited)

*3rd person POV*

"I've organized all the reports from our windows on recent residuals, unnatural deaths, and disappearances. This should help us narrow down the location of our culprit to some degree," Nanami explained to Sumire and Yuji. 

"Aw yeah!" Yuji stood up excitedly. "Are we storming in?!" 

"Nope, while I investigate this matter, I want you two to do something different," Nanami put a picture of a boy on the board. "This is the boy who was at the theater, Yoshino Junpei. He goes to the same school as the victims. Due to his actions, it's very unlikely that he is a curse user." 

"A curse user?" 

"An evil jujutsu sorcerer." 

Sumire looked up at the picture. "Oh hey, that's the guy I bumped into yesterday." 

"You've met him before?" Yuji turned around. 

"Nah, I only bumped into him and apologized, he never said anything else." 

"Well, I entrusted the process to Ijichi and I'd like you two to investigate him." 

"Yes!" Ijichi, Sumire, and Yuji all put their hands to their heads like soldiers. 

"By the way, how come we don't know any other assistant than you?" Sumire asked Ijichi. 

"I'm the only one that knows that Itadori is still alive so it makes sense." 

"Oh." 

Yuji stretched a bit. "Alright, Nanami-Sensei! Be careful ok!" 

"Yes, please stay safe," Sumire said, smiling at him as the 3 walked towards the door. 

"Don't call me sensei, I'm not a teacher." 

Yuji gave him a cute thumbs-up. "Nanami then." 

"I will slap you." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There he is." 

Ijichi, Yuji, and Sumire were in a car following Junpei. 

"He's wearing casual clothes," Yuji commented. 

"It looks like he hasn't attended school for some time." 

"That's kinda like Itadori," Sumire commented, sitting back.