The greeting

Luz Pov

I woke up to my alarm making a loud ringing sound and let out a groan. "Mmh... 5 more minutes..." I nuzzled into my pillow but then suddenly heard a loud crash from outside.
"And im up!" I yelped and rushed to get dressed, hearing a faint knock from downstairs shortly after I finished changing.

"I got it!" I yelled as I rushed down the stairs and pulled the door open and saw 4 people around the same age as me sitting out there. One was blond with a scar on his face, one with blue hair and glasses, another had lavender hair with brown roots, And then someone who looked to be around 2 or 3 years younger then the others with dark brown hair. One thing they all had in common was their ears, which we're all pointed

They were all covered in scrapes and cuts from something. "Uhm.... we appear to be lost?" The blue haired girl spoke as she rubbed her arm nervously.
I stood there shocked for a couple of seconds but then figured I should let them in.

"You guys can come in... do you have anyone you can call?" I questioned as they walked in, two of them hesitating but shortly after stepping inside. Once they were inside I closed the door.
They all just gave me a confused look and shook their heads no.
"Lemme get some bandages to patch you guys up.. I'll be right back! Feel free to sit on the couch if you'd like. " I ran off to the medicine cabinet and grabbed bandages for bigger wounds and bandaids for smaller ones, also grabbing rubbing alcohol.

As I walked back into the living room, I noticed the purple haired girl was the only one standing while the others took the offer to sit. "How did you guys get this scratched up?" I asked as I walked over and examined wounds, checking for any larger ones I might need to get my mom help patch up.

"Mostly trees and bushes..." The blue haired girl shrugged. "Well then let's start with names, I suppose... Im Luz Noceda!" I smiled and crossed my arms and looked towards them. "Im Willow." she smiled and relaxed a bit. "Augustus..." the brown haired boy said quietly. "Hunter," the blond guy glared. While the purple hair girl kept quiet, looking at the floor

"And that's Amity, I guess she just doesn't feel like talking right now," Willow shrugged.
"Well im gonna get my mom cause some of you have pretty deep wounds and she knows how to clean them properly." I mumbled and walked away towards my kitchen.

"Mija, who were you talking to?" My mom asked as she looked over at me. "Some random people who showed up at the door, do you think you could help me patch up wounds? They showed up injured..." I questioned and watched as she cut some vegetables.

"How bad?" She placed the knife down and started walking towards the living room with a hint of worry in her voice. "Not too badly.. except for a couple of deeper cuts. " I followed behind her and by the time we walked towards them all of them were sitting down.

"You were not joking..." She grabbed the bandages off the table and looked for any deeper cuts. Finding a couple on Amity and Willow but the others just had smaller scrapes. "This may sting a bit..." she used rubbing alcohol to clean each cut, then placing a bandage over it for willow. Willow not even flinching from the stinging.

Where as when it was Amitys turn she tensed up and balled her fists. Making an odd hissing noise
"There.. now those won't get infected.." My mom smiled and Amity just sorta looked down and fidgeted with her hands, not responding.

"So how'd you guys get here?" My mom asked, noticing the ears. "We dont really know.." Amity said, still looking down.
"Well you guys probably dont have a place to stay do you?" My mom asked, making the teenagers shake their head in response.

I stood there akwardly but then figured I should finish getting ready, leaving my mom and them to talk. I brushed my hair and my teeth. Afterward, I walked back downstairs and saw my mom was getting sleeping bags for them.

"So they're going to stay with us for a bit until they get home, okay Luz?" I nodded and grabbed sleeping bags from her to help. "Where are they gonna sleep? We only have 2 bedrooms, " I asked as I followed my mom down into the basement and set up 2 sleeping bags.
"2 are gonna sleep down here and im not sure about the other two... maybe they can just sleep in the living room."

"Could always sleep in my room, I do have a bunkbed and I can always sleep on the floor." I shrugged and started walking up the stairs. "If you're alright with that mija.. might be our only other option." My mom started to walk behind me, the 2 other sleeping bags in hand.

"Alright, so 2 of you can sleep downstairs and the other 2 upstairs, okay?" My mom said and started walking to go upstairs. "Willow and Amity, are you both fine with sleeping upstairs?"
The two of them nodded in response and looked over at each other.

"Thank you for letting us stay here." Hunter did a small little bow that seemed to weird my mom out. "It's no problem, really.." My mom walked up the stairs and seemed to go set up sleeping bags. "I have clothes you guys can borrow and we can always go shopping later on." I smiled and sat down on the floor.

"Do you guys maybe wanna explain why your ears are pointy though...?" I asked nervously and noticed how all of them seemed to be more relaxed than before. "We're witches? I thought humans knew about witches.." Gus said, he seemed to be fascinated by humans in general.

My eyes immediately lit up. "Witches!? Oh man no one believed you actually.... exist! Most people think you aren't real!" I rambled then continued. "That's so cool! Can you do magic? Can you teach me magic?!" I got closer to the 4 of the excitedly.
"Sorry, sorry my excitement got ahead of me," I said as I backed up and Gus seemed to smile.

"Humans are just as curious about us as we are of them!" He smiled. "I dont think it's possible for humans to do magic..." Amity seemed to stop and think for a couple of seconds after saying that but then just shrugged. "Show me magic! Pleaseee!" I begged as I looked over at them. "I guess showing you one spell wouldn't hurt..." Willow contemplated whether or not it was a good idea.

"Why not?" Amity shrugged and drew a yellow circle in the air, which caused a small ball of light to be formed. "Woah! That's so pretty..!" I looked at the ball of light, it reflecting off my eyes.
"Sleeping bags are set up, I have to go to work... I'll be back later. Be careful you 5" My mom grabbed her keys and headed out the door, I just waved and turned back to the 4 of them.

"Alright what do you guys wanna do? It's only like 2 pm, so we have time for pretty much anything." I said while thinking of things we could do without really going outside. All of them just kind of shrugged in response, I guess unaware of what things are in the human realm. "We could watch a movie." I said as I stood up and grabbed the TV remote, moving to sit on the couch next to Amity.

"Any genre preferences anyone?" I looked around and all of them just shook their head. So I chose tangled since im not sure if they've ever seen a disney movie honestly... "What's Disney?" Hunter asked confused after seeing the logo.

"Oh.. it's a streaming service. It just has a bunch of movies they made. " I shrugged as the introduction to the mocie started and hunter nodded.

Authors Notes
So Im sorry Vee isn't in this but she'll show up later in the story! I just forgot to incorporate her into it I swear! Also sorry its shorter then I would like it to be but I'll make the next chapters a lot longer! Updates will hopefully be atleast once a week unless stated otherwise!