Five

Perhaps it was the fact that Bella was staring at him everywhere he went, that made Liam feel so uncomfortable. Or maybe it was the fact that he really had to pee. 

No, it was definitely Bella's staring.

The moment he walked into the school doors this morning, Bella hadn't taken her eyes off of him. Even as Liam held eye contact, hoping she would look away, her gaze held. He eventually had to look away, hating the eye contact that was happening. 

Jasper grabbed his hand on their way to lunch, silently walking down the hall. 

"Does Bella seem... I don't know.. Kinda different?" Liam asked.

"Not that I noticed, darlin'. Why?" Jasper's thumb started rubbing the back of Liam's knuckles. 

"Nothing. It's fine"

The walk was once again silent as they reached the doors to the cafeteria. The others were already sitting at their table, trays of food in front of them. Liam pulled Jasper over to their seats, taking a seat next to Emmett and Jasper, of course.

"Helllooo, baby bear!" Emmett said, pulling Liam into a tight hug. Liam laughed and wrapped his arms around Emmett. Suddenly Emmett's arms disappeared from Liam as he clutched his side.

"People are staring," Rosalie muttered from beside Emmett. "Knock it off"

Emmett glares at Rosalie but doesn't put his arms back around Liam. Liam pulls away from Emmett and sits down on Jasper's lap. 

"Sorry," He muttered before tucking his head into Jasper's chest. If he couldn't get comfort from one of his boyfriends, then he most certainly will from another.

"Rose, I don't think elbowing Emmett was the solution to that" Alice said, concern in her eyes even if she knew it would take a lot for Emmett to get hurt. 

"Whatever. We don't need the attention Liam brings to us so I'm going to keep it at the minimum amount since I can't keep him away now" 

The table was silent as everyone stared at Rosalie. 

"Rose-"

"Hey guys! Mind if I join you for lunch?" 

Everyone stopped staring at Rosalie to look at the new voice. Bella stood by the table, lunch tray in hand and a small smile on her face. Though to Liam, it looked forced. Alice smiled brightly.

"Of course not! Have a seat!"

Bella turns around and takes the seat Liam was previously sitting in and pulls it close to Edward's. It was obvious why she really wanted to come over here. Emmett tried to hold in his laugh at Edward's face. 

The table sat in an awkward silence, Liam picking at his food. Jasper grabs Liam's hand and holds it, his chin resting on top of Liam's head.

"So, Bella, how are you liking Forks so far?" Alice asks.

"O-oh, it's been great. I miss Arizona but I'm glad I moved here," Bella says. "I've met some interesting people and there are cute boys here, too. A lot of opens for a single girl like me," She keeps her eyes locked on Edward the entire time before directing her gaze towards Liam. Jasper's hand tightens in Liam's grip as he wraps his other arm around the boy's waist. 

Liam was so small looking in Jasper's arms and to Bella, he just looked like a child. A child who didn't deserve any of the attention he got from the Cullens. She realizes her face was turning into a glare and quickly shoves some food in her mouth like nothing happened. 

"Hey, Li, you want to get that thing out of your locker you were telling me about before you forget?" Edward asks. The silence was uncomfortable and Edward needed to get out as soon as possible.