018 | As Above, So Below..

━━━━━━ ༻ 🌄 ༺ ━━━━━━
" as above, so below "
...
━━━ ༻ CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ༺ ━━━

          "THE HYPERDRIVE'S SUFFERED a malfunction," Obi-Wan Kenobi reported bluntly into the scanner of the ship's droid, an R-series with red accents to its paint. "We've been sent into the Decont System's asteroid belt and have been forced to land on one of the more civilized moons of Chophn."

Beneath his robe's sleeves, his completely concealed arms were crossed over his chest. With thumbs digging pressure into his skin, it was truly too obvious he was trying to mask his own tension. Paranoia was choking him out and it was not even entirely improper of him to give into such unsteady emotions. The political climate was largely unfavorable following Eden's out-of-the-blue promotion to such an influential and new position in the Jedi Order, despite however not being granted an actual Jedi rank, as one would expect. 

Righteously so, being given no context as to what an Emissary is or where she came from, the idea of a young girl influencing the High Council into adopting reforms overnight was strange to the Senate, even downright outrageous. Even the Supreme Chancellor has expressed concern towards just how much can a young mind be trusted, though after seeing the fruitful result of the first reform adopted after merely one month of it being into effect, his comments have quietened down to a mere looming disapproval of it, albeit no longer propagating as his stance in the Senate. 

Eden proposed many methods by which the Jedi Order may strengthen its overall connection with the Force, some more radical than others, but all of them ultimately anchored in a distant past of a more educated and strengthened peace. The first of her advice to actually pass the stage of discussions in the Council happened a mere week after her trial's verdict has been pronounced: she ought to teach the Emissary approach to utilizing the energy of the Force to Jedi Masters and occasionally Jedi Knights, by joining their battle efforts on field and guiding them in the practice. 

Within these two months, Eden has only really had the time to join two official missions in her Advisor rank, with this one being her third. 

"R4 will send you the new coordinates," Obi-Wan nodded down at his droid. "We've been sent off course by about six light years and have sustained damage to some of the outer parts of the ship while traversing the asteroid belt. However, the estimate is that we should be back on track for timely arrival to our destination as soon as the hyperdrive's factory reset is complete." Dott, currently in the cockpit, was taking care of that part and by the looks of it, since Obi-Wan spared the clone a glance, it seemed they truly should be off in a matter of minutes.

A faint grimace shadowed Obi-Wan's expression. At last he could no longer resist giving voice to his worries. "How could the hyperdrive have had such a malfunction in the first place, Master Yoda?" he inquired. "The programming itself couldn't have caused such a significant error in coordinating the jump to light speed, far less so to planning the trajectory of our journey. It is very unlikely... A little too unlikely, in fact, which could only mean that the system was compromised manually, saving a preset of this destination before we even boarded the ship."

"When the change accepted we have, the risks we knew," Yoda murmured, nodding. 

The change. Surely, Master Yoda could only be referring to the second reform advised by Eden that the Jedi Order has approved only a month ago. While the first reform was subtle and only mildly concerning to the Senate through Eden's youthful nature, this second reform awakened absolute disagreement in wildly contested debates and quarrels. Master Windu himself has reported even an attempt at a bill being passed to cancel the Council's decision and therefore snuff out their choice's ramifications.