Chapter 0: Prologue.

The Kingdom Of Ophelia is also a kingdom that was once known as The Kingdom Of Alchemy. Once this kingdom highly respects alchemists. Being an alchemist was one of the greatest glory you could get in this city but not anymore. Since the steampunk revolution aka machinery revolution happened last century status of Alchemists declining alarming speed.

The reason behind this is simply that's how easy steampunk technology is easy to use. Alchemy doesn't only demand knowledge but also demands certain talent from this who want to learn it. This made the alchemy limited to those with talents but those without talent could only look at them with envy and awe. But since steampunk doesn't demand anything like that even child can use it after learning its basic principle. Which resulted in the majority of people in other words normal people taking more liking towards it.

But this matter Isn't a concern of our story. But at least it currently isn't.

...

Year #325. May 9th. The Steel Shackles Prison.

Burly looking old man with a black-blue uniform and with a gray coat is walking around the prison corridor while being followed by dozens of wardens who wore black uniforms and one young man who seems about in his early teens. "Listen here Archeus. Do you see this scum of society?"

The old man said while looking pointing at prisoners who are kept in the prison cells. Archeus the young man only nods his head solemnly. "Yes, Father."

"These bastards are the reason why we need to patrol the city every day. They are the lowest of the low. Scums who don't deserve to ever see the light of the sun again. Our Grimwalker family has served this kingdom the royal family of The Kingdom Of Ophelia from your grandfather's generation. We kept this scum of humans in check for the kingdom since then. So, once my time is up it's your responsibility to take my place and keep them in their place. Mark my words Archeus. You are Grimwalker and for the Grimwalkers only thing absolute is the law. Only once everyone accepts the law and follows the law there will be no more scums like them."

Archeus who heard this looks at his father and is back with awe for a while. It isn't the first time he visits the prison to see these criminals that are kept in the cage like how they should be but it's the first time that he visits with his respected father.

...

"...sir..."

...

"...sir...!"

...

"Sir...!"

...

"Sir!"

...

"Huh?" Archeus jumps up from his seat and looks around in vigilance. To only see he was still in his office and only his assistant Alexander Gliman 17th was standing in front of the door while holding documents. There was no sign of anyone alive.

"Oh, it's you, Alex." Archeus lets go of the metal chair that he was holding. If he saw someone else just now he might use his alchemy to turn this chair into a long spear or some other weapon and attack them without hesitation.

"What happened Alex? Did something serious happen? Or is it that bastard Roadlar? If he here to whine about his family matters again then kick him out from here." Archeus said while sitting on his chair again slowly.

"It's not about sir Roadlar this time sir. This time it's about The Holding District." Alex said while putting the documents in front of Archeus. "We found a clue about Puma Orselov."

"Huh, after three weeks of non-stop search later finally found something useful." Then Archeus starts checking the documents while muttering this in his mouth.

After a few minutes of reading the documents, he gets up from the chair and took the grey coat that was hanging beside his desk with his trusty metal bat, and said to Alex while heading towards the exit. "Call the boys Alex because we got a wild cat to catch."