Chapter 1: Snake Chase

Year. #339. April 1st. The Holder District. The Dreaming Wolfs Bar.

In The Holding Districts, most of the bars are one of the noisiest places in the district. The reason behind this is simple. Because where else could they hook up with girls that can help them "release the stress" and drink their favorite drinks? But today no one in the bar speaks a word. They only drink their liquor quietly without even raising their heads.

Archeus stands in the middle of the bar while behind him Alex with dozens of law enforcers were standing. He quickly checks everyone in the bar at least on the first floor before walking towards the bartender. The bartender who saw Archeus getting closer to him shakes in fear and asks him in a weak tone. "S-s-s-sir! Officer! ...w-what can I do for you?" With every word, his voice becomes smaller and smaller while his heart starts beating like a drum.

"Where is he?" Archeus asked while looking at the man sitting in front of the bar while looking down in fright. He didn't say a word and raised his metal bat and hits the person who was sitting in front of the bar in the head. With a loud cracking noise man fall to the floor. "Criminal Edward The Stone Fist you are under arrest for a crime of multiple murders and arsons."

"As for you. I think you know who I am asking aren't you?" Archeus asked while staring at the bartender like a beast that was hungry for days. Bartender can feel it with every single part of his body if he didn't tell him what he wanted then he will die for sure. No, maybe even death might be a mercy for him.

"H-he is..." Before he could finish his sentence he felt sharp pain in the back of his neck. He opens his mouth in fright and wanted to scream but nothing comes out of his mouth. His body suddenly stiffens and the world starts spinning for him. With a loud thud, he falls on the floor while still his mouth open. No matter how much he struggles he couldn't move his body and in a few seconds he dies with regret in his eyes.

*Crash!*

Just after the bartender is dead someone escapes from the second floor of the bar using the window. Well, they just crash through it even without bothering to open it but he used the window after all. "Catch him," Archeus said coldly hearing his words dozens of law enforcers run out of the bar.

Archeus points his bat toward the floor then little electricity comes out from his palm and connects with the metal bat. Then the bat suddenly changes its shape and becomes thin as a chopstick but it stretches speed compared with a bullet and pierces the floor. Everyone in the bar hears the hissing of a snake then it stops suddenly. Then Archeus changes the bat to its normal form but now the tip of the bat is covered in ink-like substance. "Dirty creatures."

While Archeus was busy inside the bar the outside of the bar wasn't quite too. There will gunshots echoes one after another but it's only getting farther and farther. "Let's start moving Alex otherwise they might lose him."

"Yes sir." Then duo heads outside of the bar to only see the street is filled with dozens of meters of high stone pillars or spikes that's risen from the ground while dozens of men are laying around the ground. "Why does everyone in the law enforcers are so fucking useless?"

"Well, sir most of the top-class combat powers serve Miss Seraphina." After hearing Alex's words veins on his forehead on Archeus suddenly become visible to the eyes. And beast-like killing intent leaks from him.

"Don't speak that woman's name in front of me." Then he stomps on the floor suddenly blue electricity emitted from his body and creates a circle around him. Ground he was standing on trembles before launching him into the air. He looks around his surroundings coldly while on the air then points his metal bat towards one of the top buildings.

The metal bat turns into metal wire and connects itself with the walls firmly then he uses it to swing towards his target's direction.

...

While running from the law enforcers Rossar was desperately searching for something that helps him get rid of the bastards that is chasing him. 'Damn it! If I summon any more snakes then my soul can't withstand side effects.'

"Stop right there!" One of the enforcers said while shooting after him with a pistol. "Who the hell is gonna step if you fuckers shooting after them?!"

Then he stops in front of the enforcers and slaps the ground with both hands. "Please work damn it!" The Ground suddenly trembles then an earth wall that's about 6 or 7 meters tall rose from the ground. "D-did I do that?"

"Of course not. I was the one who did it." Suddenly he heard a mechanical male voice coming from behind him. He turns around and saw a tall pale thin man with wears clothes standing there.

 He turns around and saw a tall pale thin man with wears clothes standing there

"S-sir Theodor?!" Rossar asks in fear while looking at Theodor. He can feel the bone-chilling cold stare of Theodor even from behind his helmet.

"Hello there Rossar. It's nice to meet you again. I think you have something I want aren't you?" Theodor asks while stretching out his glowed hand. His sharp claws shine brightly even without light shining upon them.

"B-but, sir Theodor! It's no-Aghh!" Sudden sharp pain in the stomach made him scream in agony. "Be quiet Rossar. Give the stone and I can save you from the mad hound of the kingdom." Theodor whispers in Rossar's ears while pulling out his claws slowly from his stomach. Just after he pulled his hand out with a blue electric spark Rossar's wound healed.

"So what do you wanna say? Isn't it a fair deal?" Just after he finished these words suddenly he saw cracks appear on the wall he created just now. "He comes quicker than I expected." Suddenly cracks in the wall start to spread at a speed visible to the eyes. Theodor suddenly pulls Rossar behind himself and then touches the wall of the building beside himself gently. The wall he touches silently deforms and creates a human-sized hole Theodor quickly gets inside dragging Rossar them fixes the hole with alchemy.

The building beside them seems like a shop because many goods are placed around them on the shelf. There were also two guys hiding behind some boxes well now they are right in front of Theodor and Rossar. Both of them saw the duo and fainted on the spot in fright.

"Such a weak-minded people." Then Theodor continued dragging Rossar to escape from the law enforcers. But things didn't go their way suddenly the ceiling in front of them collapsed and a man lands front of them. The man was Archeus. "I think you are heading in the wrong direction. The prison is another direction." He said in a low tone while looking at the duo coldly.