I. Uninvited guest

" Meet me at the library today, as soon as the note is received. "

Written to: Mia Wells

Writer: Unknown

Mia was half confused and frightened on seeing the note which was stuck on the white wooden door of the dormitory. The only reason why she had come here all alone was to retrieve her secret diary which she had accidentally left on her bed this morning, fearing that someone might read it and spill all her secrets around high school.

But the mysterious note which she had found on her way out, frightened her a little more mainly because she had absolutely no idea who had written it and why. She knew well the library was closed today since the librarian wasn't available due to some sort of unspecified illness, but whoever it was, what would they be doing in the library right now? Especially when there were only a few minutes to spare before Mrs. Rachel's English lessons were to resume. The whole of Mount Preston knew how short tempered the old English mistress was, as well as her severe punishments for coming late.

"This should be a prank" Mia muttered to herself as she got ready to throw the note away, but it felt more like a threat than a prank. But glancing at it again, she somewhat felt that this might also be an emergency or something of the sort. So at last, she made up her mind to go to library on her own and see what exactly was going on.

* * * * * *

Her footsteps echoed loudly against the silent hallways as Mia Wells made her way to the library. Although being sixteen, she was still afraid of the unpleasant surprise that would probably be awaiting her right now. However, she mostly expected a stupid prank or silly joke any of her friends would play on her as those things were pretty common around high school these days.

On finally making it to the dark library, she paused momentarily to stare at the scary sight. Coming here all alone was indeed a very bad choice as the library which was currently closed looked like a dark abandoned museum or something of the like that crept her out. She raised her left arm to glance at the bright pink wrist watch that reminded her that recess would end in exactly four minutes and again her eyes cast upon the dark gloomy library which she still didn't decide whether to enter or not.

Mia pushed open the glass door of the library and made her way inside, and with each step she took, the light from the hallway kept fading away and the deafening silence around her increased. Her eyes scanned the darkness and yet, she still wasn't able to find any humanlike figure. "Is anyone here?" her shaky voice asked, she felt dumb thinking that there wasn't any human soul present in here except for hers.

"Hello?" she called out once again and still no response, Mia felt mad that whoever had done this to her was a psychopath and determined to leave, she turned around towards the library's exit when she heard something. "I'm so glad you arrived Mia" someone replied at last, which made her heart beat faster and took her by surprise. "Who's there?" she asked, trying to sound confident to the stranger in the dark. "It's a pity you don't know me, perhaps you never will"

And saying that, Mia's voice turned into inaudible screams which after a while fell silent. Her diary was now the only thing that remained and now lying on the floor.

So curiosity kills the cat, and what happened here?

The fun has just begun, it's not the first and will never be the last.

@ahlanazarx ⛓