Chapter 15: The Unexpected Visitor

A/N: I'm sorry it's been awhile since I last uploaded. I'll post another A/N soon to explain everything. As for now, enjoy the chapter!

Tour is officially over now.
Everyone's back from Europe and on their way home.
Mitch's ankle is all better as well! He can now walk without crutches or any pain. This is definitely a huge relief for Mitch as he will soon be six months pregnant. He's starting to show a lot more now and it will soon be hard to hide the fact that he's pregnant.
Despite this, Mitch still doesn't wanna tell the fans yet. It would be too stressful for him. Yes, there would be a lot of people supporting him, but there would also be a lot of people who wouldn't. Plus, dealing with the media is something that Mitch just doesn't need right now.
Kevin and Mitch just pull in the driveway coming back from the airport. Their car is full of their luggage from Europe.
Kevin: "Home sweet home."
Mitch: "I can't wait to sleep in my own bed. I'm so tired I might just go straight there and leave my luggage for later."
Kevin: "Hey, you do what you need to do. You'll be in the third trimester before we know it and that's when you'll really have to take it easy."
The two get out of the car and carry their bags and suitcases inside the house.
When they open the door, the two stand there shocked at what, or rather who, they see inside the house.
Kevin: "Mom?"
It is, in fact, Kevin's mom, Curline standing inside the house waiting for the couple to return.
Kevin: "Mom... what are you doing here?"
Kevin was a mix between super confused and a little scared. Last time he talked to his parents, they didn't exactly leave on 'good terms.' Now why out of the blue would they randomly show up at Kevin's house?
Kevin drops his bags as his mom comes over to him and gives him a hug.
Curline: "Kevin... I am so, so sorry for how I treated you!"
She starts crying a little.
Curline: "You're my son. I will always love you! I'm so sorry!"
Kevin: "Mom... you're actually scaring me. What's going on? Why are you here?"
Curline: "Kevin... I got your text."
Kevin: "You did?"
Kevin starts to understand what's going on while Mitch is still very confused.
Curline: "I did."
Mitch: "What text?"
Mitch looks at them both hoping one of them will give him answers to whatever the heck is going on.
Curline looks down at Mitch's stomach while smiling.
Curline: "Congratulations."
Mitch then looks at Kevin and smiles.
Mitch: "So you did tell them?"
Kevin: "Yeah. I know it was crappy of me to tell you about your new grandchild through text, but I tried calling. I had called you literally about a hundred times, but you never answered. I had sent you about a hundred texts, but you never responded. Why? What changed that you actually decided to look at this text?"
Curline: "Kevin, I know you're mad at me and I completely understand that. When you came out, I was upset. But I never stopped loving you. I wanted to stay in touch, but your father didn't. You know how stubborn he is. I didn't want to upset him more and so I chose him over you."
Kevin: "I can't tell you how much that hurt me."
Curline: "I know, Kevin, and I am so, so sorry about that. When you had told us that you were in love with Mitch I was a little upset because I had never imagined you as a homosexual. After our falling out I started to think that maybe you and Mitch being together wouldn't be such a bad thing. Then I got your text message saying that Mitch is pregnant. After I had read that, I realized that I had to make things right with you. Both of you. The fact that you're both having a child is a miracle and I want to be there for both of you and the baby. Again, I am so sorry for how I treated you."
Kevin is silent as Mitch speaks up.
Mitch: "I accept your apology."
Curline: "Mitch, that means so much to me."
Both Curline and Mitch now look at Kevin as he's still silent.
Mitch: "Kevin?"
Kevin: "Mom, you say that you want to be here for Mitch, the baby, and me, but... what about dad? Where is he? Did he change? Does he want to be a part of the baby's life?"
Curline: "Oh, Kevin..."
Kevin looks down as he knows the answer without his mom even saying it.
Kevin: "He's in Kentucky right now, isn't he?"
Curline slowly nods.
Curline: "Yes. I told him about the pregnancy and tried to convince him to come out here with me, but he refused. I'm sorry."
Kevin: "Don't apologize. It's not your fault."
Curline: "Like I said before, your father's a very stubborn man. When he has his mind set on one thing, it's very hard to change it."
Kevin: "But he knows about the pregnancy? Yet he still wants nothing to do with me?"
Curline silently nods as she can sense Kevin's frustration and sadness.
Mitch: "Honey, maybe one day he'll come around."
Kevin: "That's asking for a miracle."
Mitch: "Hey, miracles happen!"
Mitch gestures to his stomach.
Curline: "He's right!"
Kevin: "Right now, Mitch being pregnant might be more believable than my dad making up with me."
Curline: "Kevin, I know it hurts, but at least I'm here now. A few months ago that wasn't even true. Maybe it'll take your dad a few more months or longer, but I'm sure that he'll eventually come around."
Kevin smiles.
Kevin: "Thanks, Mom. You're the best! I really am lucky to have you!"
Curline: "Aw, Kevin, I'm lucky to have you. And Mitch, too. You're both lucky to have each other! And the baby will be extremely lucky to have you both as her parents. Congratulations to you both again!"
Mitch: "Thank you!"
Kevin: "So, Mom, do you wanna come inside and we can catch up?"
Curline: "I would love that!"
As they head inside, Kevin can't help but think about how thankful he is that Mitch suggested he tell his parents about the pregnancy. He had no idea it would turn out being the best text message that he ever sent.