Correspondence

8th August 1988

Dear Lord Malfoy,

I regret to inform you we shall not be joining you on the 13th, having an entirely unavoidable prior engagement to attend to. Furthermore, I am nothing if not considerate of my ward's comfort and welfare, therefore it would be remiss of me to not take our current circumstances under consideration, for as swiftly as I can absorb the written word, it shall take a longer period of time to become acquainted enough with the particularities of our newfound place in society to find myself capable of ensuring my ward's continued welfare in an unfamiliar environment.

Yours truly,

Michael Morgan-Wright QC.

~

10th August 1988

Dear Mr Wright,

It is heartening to witness such fierce protectiveness over one so freshly acquainted with, and I commend you for your attentiveness. While I assure you that my husband and I bear no ill will towards your household, your prudence is entirely reasonable and understandable, and we shall endeavour to present future opportunities accordingly.

Bearing in mind our own unique position to contribute to a seamless introduction into our society, we are still inclined to extend our invitation for lunch, however in a location of your choosing, bearing in mind the proper discretion towards the possible subjects of our conversations.

Kind regards,

Narcissa Malfoy née Black.

~

10th August 1988

Dear Mrs Malfoy,

We appreciate your offer of insight into our society and would be honoured to host a private lunch in the upcoming weeks, at a time and place to be defined at a later date as I have found myself immersed in the responsibilities of my positions both as a guardian and a Queen's Counsel.

I would, however, be interested in prolonging our correspondence on matters regarding other subjects, such as clarification in a few observations made note of while perusing my newly procured reading material. Flourish and Blott's literature has proved considerably helpful in attaining some understanding of what lies ahead but is hardly able to accurately sate my curiosity.

Yours truly,

Michael Wright.

~

12th August 1988

Dear Mr Wright,

I am honoured to accept your invitation on behalf of the Malfoy household, and am available for consultation regarding possible venues, with full trust in your discernment. Time and place can be discussed once you find yourself less encumbered by circumstances, of course.

While not opposed to prolonging our correspondence, I must insist you call me Narcissa as we shall inevitably become more familiar with each other while discussing literature, given I possess very strong opinions on a variety of subjects sure to be touched on eventually and do not hold myself back from expressing them. I will be glad to answer any questions you have encountered in your readings and may recommend a title or other myself.

Kind regards,

Narcissa Malfoy.

~