001;New City, New Start

9-1-1 Season 2
Episode 1: Under Pressure

9-1-1 Season 2Episode 1: Under Pressure

───────────────────

Eddie walked into his living room his eyes landing on his sister who was sprawled out across his couch considering the girl picked up her life and left Texas, transferred fire houses just so she could make sure Christopher and him were okay.

Adalynn was always like that ever since the Diaz's adopted her and had raised her as their own, though by no means were they perfect they were better than her living situation at the time, plus what she witnessed when she was only five.

Adalynn's parent's were close with the Diaz's but they had issues of their own. Her father was an abusive alcoholic who was drunk almost ninety percent of the time and would beat her mother which the young five year old girl would witness. 

Eventually her mother couldn't take it and left, leaving Adalynn with her abusive father who had now directed his anger onto the five year old Adalynn.

The Diaz's started to take notice of the reoccurrence of injuries on the young girl and had decided not to ignore it and called child protective services on the man. After what felt like a long legal fight her father was put into jail and the Diaz's took her in.

Adalynn's phone buzzed on the coffee table, the girls brows furrow as she reaches over shutting her alarm off.

"Thought you were going to sleep through our first day?" Eddie joked as he walked over to the girl handing her a mug filled with coffee.

Adalynn sleepily gave him a slight glare as she took the mug "Funny" she half smiled, taking a sip of her coffee

"She's not a morning person" Christopher said with a laugh gaining the girls attention.

Adalynn smiled at her nephew "Well it's hard to sleep with all of your dads snoring" Adalynn got up from the couch setting her mug down

"I don't snore" Eddie defended but Chris was quick to speak up "Yes you do" he sang out

Adalynn couldn't hold back the laugh that escaped her lips as she folded up the blanket she was using.

Eddie looked between the two his mouth open slightly. Adalynn shrugged "I told you" she chuckled out as she grabbed clothes out of her bag and walked towards the bathroom.