Chapter 1

The very dim lantern lit up the small cottage, the breeze knocking the shutters into the wood walls, inside there was a young girl named Rosary. She was named after her great grandmother, who was a witch just like her. But unlike her great grandmother, she hadn't been burned at the stake yet. Her grandmother had been burned for expressing her, and her powers so had the rest of her family. Her bloodline had always been witches and being a witch meant they all were burned.

"Oh, Calypso, why did I have to be born a witch?! This Isn't fair, I never wanted any of this! Rosary complained. "You have it all easy Calypso, you don't have to deal with being a witch, or anything! See this is so stupid I'm ranting to a cat!" Rosary got up from old creaky bed and walked to her living room, grabbed her spellbook and sat on the couch. She starts flipping through all the pages, reading notes that her relatives had written in it, and then a crow starts cawing and flies through the open window and turns into a human.

"Cassius?! What are you doing so late?!" She questioned. "Well, Frankly darling I don't quite understand why you wouldn't expect me to be here at this time of night!" He Detested. "Well it's dark out! You could've gotten hurt. And I wouldn't have been there to help you!" she responded "Well again darling, I don't need you to save me everytime I get hurt"
"Well I'm a witch! I have powers. You're just a bird!!!"
"Well that burns. My sweet Rosary, it'd just a midnight fly to see you, my beautiful death bird."
"I've had enough of you get out of my house!" She yells, dropping the spellbook and running to her room and using her powers to lock the door.
"Darling please let me in!? This isn't fair my beautiful raven!"
"Leave me alone! I don't want to hear or see from you right now!"
"Oh darling we both know you don't mean that please raven open the damn door"
"I said go away!" She yelled as the lights flicker.
"My sweet! It's okay! If you come out I can help with your potion. You need a crow feather anyhow!"

"I'm not leaving this room until you leave!"
"Please, please darling, please just let me touch your midnight black hair and kiss your sweet ruby lips!"
"Go away, this is no time for your flattery."
"Fine if I don't get to see your beautiful skin against the glow of a candle's light.
I shall leave till the morning light returns"
"Good!"
"Goodbye my beautiful death bird" Cassius says as he pretends to walk away. He turns into a crow for a minute to squawk so she thinks he left. He turns back and hides in the shadows for her to
emerge. As soon as she thinks he leaves she gets off the bed, the bed releases a creek. She then unlocks the door and walks out of the bedroom.

Cassius sneaks out of the shadows and wraps his cold hands around her torso
"Ahh!"
"Shh darling it's just me"
"No!!!! Get off of me"
"Not until you calm down my sweet"
She slowly starts to calm down from his cold hands and his soft face against her neck. She can feel his soft long eyelashes on her shoulder.
"Are you feeling better darling?" He asks in a soft tone
"Quite" she leans her head back onto his shoulder as he inhales her scent once more.
"You smell like rosemary and thyme." He says whispering into her ear
"Is that alright?" She says
"Yes of course it is my lovely" he says with a smile on his face.
"I'm sorry I was being such an imbecile." She said tears were forming in her eyelids.
"Oh darling don't cry it's okay, I'll always love you no matter how many fights we have"
"But I feel so bad." She says tears falling.
" Don't" he says, turning her around to face him. Cupping her face whipping the pain away with his thumbs "don't darling please, don't"
"You're too good to be mine. I'm just a smelly old witch who should have been burned. That's all that's happened to my family, and bloodline "
"You smell? Really? I'm a fucking bird Im the stinky one you always smell of herbs and dried flowers!"
"Bu-" she tries to say but he cuts her off
"And also you're not old! Your an average age for people like us"
"I should just be burned, it would be better, you wouldn't have to deal with me. The town would be safe from me, and these horrible powers! I'm... I'm.. I'm going to turn myself in as a witch."
"NO no no no darling you aren't going to do that! The village doesn't know we exist okay! They don't have to!!! We can stay here together and be happy with Calypso just you and me the forest and Calypso how does that sound darling! Please my little death bird!"
"I would like that." She says cuddling up in his chest letting it all out.
"Do you promise me that? You promise you'll keep me safe,love me, make me happy and maybe even have a child? Do you promise to do that all for me?"

"Of course my angel! tho not a child right now right?" He says with mild concern
"Oh yes of course dear I'm not ready either but in the future" she says reassuring him
"I love you." She says with a smiley pout.
"I love you too darling" he says with a soft tone.
His gaze softens and he leans down to kiss her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok yeah I know this chapter was fluffy and all romantic butttt it gets worse... trust me way worse