Chapter 4

Peter's POV

Wade was sitting on the edge of my bed when the lab room doors flung open. The glass on the door broke as Pops strides through with Dad right behind him.

Wade jumps off the bed and takes five whole steps away from me.

"Get away from him!" Dad yelled.

"Why are you here?" Pops asked sternly.

Wade looked over at me and I mouthed the words "stay". He nodded slightly and stood his ground. He took a step towards me.

"I came to make sure Peter was okay," Wade said strongly.

"Like you give a damn," Dad snapped.

"How did you get here?" Pops asked. His voice was still big and frightening but you can tell he was curious.

"I teleported?" Wade tried but it sounded unbelievable. I wouldn't believe him either if I hadn't seen it. He's also teleported me before. So, yeah, I believe him.

"You-" Pops ran an anger hand through his hair, "you have powers?"

Dad pursed his lips. So he hadn't told Pops that Wade had powers when he was little?

"Yes sir," Wade said.

"I want him here," I spoke up defending Wade.

"Well I don't," Dad snapped and took several strides so he was right in Wade's face.

"I don't see the big deal! What is up with you guys?" I asked.

Wade took a step away from Dad and looked at me. "They're right, Peter. It'll be best if I leave," he said.

"What?! No, don't leave." I objected.

"Hey, we're okay. You and your dads just need to talk this out," he reasoned.

I sighed. "Whatever," I mumbled.

"Please, for me?" He placed a single hand on my shoulder. Dad and Pops were giving Wade the death stare of a lifetime.

He gave me a reassuring smile before disappearing into thin air. I silently cussed at my parents for being there because I wanted another kiss before he left.

"How long have you been keeping Wade from us?" Pops asked.

"We started dating a few months after Johnny," I whispered.

"Speak up!" Dad yelled. He was frustrated. I flinched at his tone.

"We started dating after Johnny went to prison!" I yelled back.

"Stop yelling-both of you," Pops said looking from me to Dad and back to me. "So you and Wade have been dating for almost four years?"

I shook my head but quickly said "No" remembering how mad Dad gets when I don't use my words.

"What happened?" Pops asked again trying to understand.

"After he graduated...he left New York. He told me that we needed a break," I shrugged. "We recently got back together when he came back."

"Why did he leave? Where did he go?" Dad asked.

"Do you remember when he had to move schools and go to that mutant school for his powers? When we were younger?" I asked.

They both nodded.

"Well, he went somewhere like that. I think it was to better use his powers," I tried explaining with the little information I knew.

"And he didn't tell you this place?" Dad asked.

I shook my head.

"Is he a secret superhero too?" Pops asked.