Reunion(2)

Laying down on a wide couch, Alaukik finally allowed himself to relax, knowing that at least for now, he was safe. Looking beside him, he saw Divya, who was nodding off. She only acted differently when Asha was around, although he didn't understand why. Right now, since Asha had gone to bring them some snacks, she had returned to what Alaukik now called the 'Dead Phase'. Hearing footsteps coming towards them, Alaukik turned his head towards them and saw Asha walking towards them, her hand carrying a serving tray filled with food. Turning to Alaukik,

"So, do you want to explain why you're here? As for this girl," she said, smiling at Divya,

"Young girl, why don't you go lie down in one of the rooms upstairs? You look really tired. Rest for a few hours, and I'll bring you dinner later, okay?"

Hearing this, Divya's eyes lit up and she nodded her head, quickly making her way upstairs.

"Really? That's how it's going to be?" questioned Alaukik, noticing the difference in their treatment.

"Yes, now, are you going to explain why you came here? Or not?"

"Fine, fine. Here I was, thinking you would be happy to see me."

"I am happy to see you, but I am more confused as to why you came to me." Making sure Divya had made her way into a room, she continued, "After all, as a Major, you should've gone to your General first, and then the RC would've called you. Instead, I come to learn that you've disappeared from the army's radar, and now appear in front of me? Obviously, something has happened."

"The General, the RC, aunt, I'm no longer willing to play along in this game," said Alaukik. Hearing this, Asha's eyes opened wide, but before she could say anything,

"Don't be so surprised aunt, you should've known that I wouldn't have stayed there for long anyways. I just followed what the RC told me because there was something I needed from them, and now that I have it, there is no longer any reason holding me back," continued Alaukik.

Not sure how to feel, Asha asked,

"And what was it that you needed?"

Hearing this, Alaukik simply removed his sunglasses, showing Asha what lay behind them. At first, Asha couldn't process what she was seeing, but in just a moment,

"You got your eyes back?! But how? When? From wher-" sighing, Asha stopped questioning, and instead burst out into a big smile.

"Congratulations, Alaukik. I'm really happy for you."

Hearing this, Alaukik also smiled for a bit, before going back to his expressionless face.

"So, what are your plans now? And don't worry about handling the RC, I'll take care of them somehow."

"You won't need to aunty, I have a feeling you won't be able to stop them this time. After all, I just stole a very important weapon from them," he said, pointing to himself.

"In fact, this is one of the reasons I wanted to meet you, to let you know what I'm going to do from now on. Since I'll be leaving the military, I was thinking I would like to enjoy a normal life for a while. At least, that was the plan, until it had to be discarded due to a few .. complications. So for now, the first plan of action is to remove a few thorns in my path. And I'm afraid you might not like what I'm going to do, but I'm afraid you won't be able to stop me, aunt."

And although Asha already had a slight idea as to what Alaukik was talking about, she still asked,

"And what exactly do you mean?"

"I'm going to kill Jamshed," replied Alaukik; no expression on his face.

Taking a moment, Asha sighed,