Twenty-Seven

Rayla sat alone in the dark of my room. Her eyes were full of tears. Ezra came in. 

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Oh, fine, just peachy. Callum has turned into a monster because of me. I might've doomed the world." Ralya smiled.

Ezra sat down beside her.

"It's not your fault." He said.

"Oh no? Didn't I disappear? Didn't I not come back for two years?" She asked.

She buries herself into her knees. Her emotions were a flurry. 

"I'm so sorry, Ezra. I know he's your brother." She said.

"Half-brother." I say coming out of the shadows.

"Callum? How'd you get here?" Ezra asked.

"This was my room. I know how to get in." I answer.

I look at Ezra.

"You do realize I'm the bastard, don't you?" I ask. 

"Callum-" Ezra starts.

"I'm the cursed child! I'm the one that gets cursed the most! I am not a proper prince." I shake my head."

I turn to Rayla. Her eyes were still full of tears. I let out a chuckle.

"What are you laughing at?" Rayla asked.

"You always look funny when tears start to slip." I chuckle. 

I walk away. They follow me. I jump of the balcony and slam into the ground. I see a tree in the center of the court. Rayla and Ezra ran to the edge.

"A little token of what's to come." I say. 

I press my finger on the tree. Vines start to grow and wrap around the tree. Vines extended out from the tree and made their way onto the walls of the castle. Guards come out and surround me. Feathers grow all around me. My arms become wings. I grow bigger. I take one last glance at Ezra and Rayla before shooting into the sky.