#7, Doing All Right.

My eyes hastily slid over the large group of people, scanning for Delilah. Where had she gone? I decided to call her. As the phone rang, I tried to find a quieter spot. "Hello? Maria?" Delilah's voice sounded through the phone but she was almost unintelligible due to all the noise. "Hey, where are you -what? Sorry but I cannot quite catch what you're saying! What are you trying to tell me?" I still couldn't hear a word she said and certainly not when a man next to me started shouting at his friends. "Sorry but I really can't understand a thing! I'll see you at home!" I shouted before hanging up.

The concert grounds slowly trickled empty now that the gig was over and the sun gradually disappeared behind some tall buildings. The sky glowed a beautiful colour mix of orange, red and pink. The clouds almost seemed to be lighting up. Just then, a text message popped up on my phone. It was Delilah.

Sorry, couldn't find you. Went home. Call a taxi, my treat :)

Well that was sorted out now. Guess I was taking the taxi home. Right when I wanted to walk off to the parking lot, I heard someone shout behind me. Turning around, I found Brian standing about 5 meters away from me, waving his hand. "Hey!" I replied back and mirrored his wave. He trotted over. "What are you still doing here?" He frowned in a funny way. "I was actually planning on catching a cab. My friend left without me." The expression on his face quickly changed. "Don't bother. I'll give you a ride home. That way we can catch up too." Without hesitation I took the offer and we walked to his car together.

Once we were driving there was a bit of an awkward silence. "Did you change your number? Is that why you never replied to my texts?" I asked quietly while staring out of the windows. Street lamps and silhouettes of trees flashed by. Sometimes there were people walking on the pavement or shop owners closing their stores. "Eventually I did. That's not why I didn't reply though. At the time, I wasn't in a great place. Things were really stressing me out with the band and then there was you.. You were so nice and understanding but.. It overwhelmed me." He kept his eyes fixed on the road but I could see him swallow hard. "I'm sorry I acted like a total twat towards you. You don't deserve to be treated like that, Maria." He briefly turned his head to smile at me. "I forgive you. I shouldn't have said all those mean things to you either. You're not a prick, Bri." The nickname accidentally slipped out of my mouth. I instantly turned red and hoped he didn't hear it. "Bri?" He chuckled. "I like that. It reminds me of the cheese." Oh god he did hear it. "I didn't mean to say that—but I suppose if you don't mind.. it's fine. You know, cheese can be sweet. You're sweet. It fits." I laughed, now less embarrassed. "Hah, that's cute—actually those are some pretty good words for a song. Write them down." He waved his hand at the glove compartment so I opened it and found a notepad with a pen attached to it. Like he asked, I wrote the words down.

"You are one strange man, Brian May." I laughed before shoving the pen and paper back where I got them from. "Hah, if you think I'm weird, you haven't got to know the rest of the band yet." He laughed along. That was a good point, Brian was probably one of the most normal ones. Together with quiet Deacy.

We pulled up in front of the building I lived in and I got out of the car. Brian decided to walk me inside as the gentleman he was. Finally in front of my apartment door, we stood face-to-face. "Thanks for today. I'm really happy I got to see you again." I meant that. Ever since our fight, things hadn't been the same. I constantly had the feeling something was pressing against my chest and I couldn't enjoy life at it's fullest. Now that I had Brian back in my life, things changed. That spark of joy that had been missing finally returned. "Me too. You've been on my mind a lot since the day we met and.. I felt really sorry for what I did. I just never knew how to apologize without making you mad." He bit his lip and shamefully stared down at his feet. I huffed amused and stepped closer, raising myself until I was only on the tip of my toes, then pressed a light kiss on his cheek. "We're all good now. Good night, Bri." I turned around and entered my apartment with a satisfied and mischievous grin, leaving a completely flustered and confused Brian outside. He was going to lay awake at night thinking about that for a while.

***

When I walked out of my bedroom the next morning, Delilah was already awake. Sasha came up to me first, happily greeting me with her meowing. I crouched down to pick her up. "Good to see you're still alive and not kidnapped by creepy old drunken men." My roommate chuckled. She was zapping through a bunch of channels on the TV. "Did you meet some guy at the loo or what? You were suddenly gone yesterday." She continued, not taking her eyes off the screen. "Not really. I just.. kinda got lost and uh.. ended up talking with some people, lost track of time. You know how it goes." I lied. "Hm. Sure. Was he hot?" Of course she didn't fall for my lies. She knew me. We had been living together for several years now. Since we both left college actually. "Really hot. He offered me a ride home, that's all though. Nothing happened between us." I thought back on Brian and how I kissed his cheek. His reaction was adorable, too bad I couldn't see more of it.

Then I remembered the handwritten phone number on my arm. "I'm going to change." I announced and went back into my room, closing the door behind me. Quickly, I snatched my cellphone from the bedside drawer and rolled up my sleeve to read the numbers written on my skin. They had faded a little but were still visible enough to read. One by one I entered them into my phone, eventually pressing enter. There we go. New contact. Bri<3.

A bit anxious, I sent him a text.

You: Hi poodle boy :)

Bri<3 is typing...

Bri<3: Hah, funny. Are you in a silly mood again? Like last night? ;)

You: A little. What exactly did I do last night though? ;)

I knew really damn well what I did. I just wanted to see what he would reply.

Bri<3: Oh don't try to act all innocent with me now. What was the reason?

You: Don't know. I just felt like it. Did you mind?

Bri<3: Not at all :)

"Maria! Chris is coming over in a minute! You should get dressed!" Delilah yelled from the other side of the door. Chis had been some guy she was talking to lately. "On it!" I shouted back.

You: What do you think about a nice walk through the park?

Bri<3: Like a date?

You: If you want it to be ;)

Bri<3: Hah alright, I'll be there in 5!

A warm fuzzy feeling filled my guts and a huge smile was stamped onto my face. Did I just arrange a date with Brian? Ahh this was going to be great!!