just another date

The curtains flow to the other side as the wind gently breezes through the open window.  Clear blue skies and the faint sound of rustling leaves and petals falling from the cherry blossoms on the tree,  views like this weren't something you could witness every morning.

"Kagi-kun~"

Hirano opened his eyes to see the tall brunette embracing his arm in the other side of his bed first thing in the morning, 'Hah.. first thing I see is Kagi-kun in the mornings, not much of a surprise if I had to be honest.' Hirano thought to himself.

He nudges Kagiuras cheek in attempt to wake him up, but he ended up just making his grip onto his arm even tighter. 

"Oi.. wake up.."

Kagiura slowly opens his eyes and looks towards Hirano's glistening, mesmerizing, blue eyes.. the only thing he needed in order to survive another morning. 

He reaches out his other hand to Hirano, and Hirano reached out his, they both held hands for a few seconds as Kagiura pinned him down to the other side of the bed.

"Hehe.. Good morning Hirano-san!"

"Ngh.. let's not start with this first thing in the morning..  get yourself cleaned up first."

"Awe. Okay~"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hah.. we're so lucky there's no upcoming exams, that means I can spend more time going on dates with you, Hirano-san!"

Kagiura put on his white matching sweater and quickly brushed his hair. He turns towards Hirano as he opened their door of their dorm. He reached out his hand expecting Hirano to respond back, but.. it was just

nothing.

"Hiranoo-sannn?"

'Mmm.. maybe he just zoned out again? Since we started dating he just seems to constantly be in a daze whenever we're about to go on a date. He seems just fine when he hold hands when we wake up together though.. Hopefully I'm not rushing him to do anything.. after all I want to take things easily, no need to rush..' Kagiura thought to himself, trying to hold his smile.

Hirano felt a sudden jolt, "Ah, sorry." Then he lightly held onto Kagiura's hand. "Well.. shall we go?"

"Oh! Uhm.. yes!" 

They both exit the dorms, happily holding hands despite not being public about their relationship yet. 'But still.. something seemed off.' Kagiura thought to himself.

As they both walked together, through the small crowds in the sidewalk, and the delicate pink petals falling from cherry blossoms above, something felt wrong in the atmosphere.

Kagiura turned around to catch a glance at Hirano's expression and appearance, 'just as I thought.. another blank expression.'

Ever since they both started dating, Kagiura couldn't held but notice that Hirano stopped initiating their touches as often, and that they completely stopped the hugging and cheek kisses. It was like their development in their relationship.. kind of just went backwards?

Just when he thought he was able to get rid of Hirano's uncomfortable expressions.. they came back. Just when he thought they were closer than ever, they started to slowly distance apart again. 

'I mean.. we started sleeping in the same bed, and we held hands more. But I can't help but realize that.. Hirano-san doesn't look as comfortable anymore.' Kagiura was thinking to himself. 'Was it that, he wasn't ready to date me yet? He's so straightforward though.. if he wasn't ready he would've said so!'