•Chapter 1•

18 September 2018

Song of Chapter: Gorgeous- Taylor Swift

C O N A N POV
Ok so let's get this clear, I NEVER wanted to be in a relationship, EVER. I wanted to be single forever, and ever. Having a crush on someone is where I draw the line , I can grief over how I will never be in a relationship with them, how I'm going to be alone and sad until I am 79 and wrinkly. How I'll never get my first kiss, but that is the least of my worries.

You're probably thinking this is going to be some world-breaking, New York best seller, as if every single book isn't already, but it isn't. The plot won't have you crying for days. The story starts weirdly though.
——————————————————
I wake up from the sound of buzzing ringing in my ear and going directly to my brain instead of exiting them. I groaned. Five more minutes will do it, the five minutes turn into fifteen... then they turn into forty-five...

I looked over at the clock next to me;
7:53.

I overslept.

Great.

Just great.

I quickly put on a black hoodie, not noticing the Cheeto stain on it. I then slip on a pair of blue,faded, baggy jeans that looked two sizes too big. Looking at the mirror I felt satisfied with the outfit. I had just planned to go to this café to edit some of my overdue school work today.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

8:07

I had arrived at the café, the walls were like pastry, bits of old flesh peeling off; the colour however was as white as white could get. I sat down on the bamboo chair and looked through the menu.

Skimming through the menu, my eyes expanded, I'd found it. Iced coffee with honey and milk.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
"That would be four dollars, cash or card?"

I take out my card and I show the cashier that I'm going to pay by card. I watched as my card hovered over the machine and beeped.

"Your order number is 34, once you hear it you can come collect your drink."
"Thank you so much!" I thank her before sitting at my table. She brushed her light brown hair away from her honey drop brown eyes exposing her name tag; Sophie. 'That's a nice name' I thought to myself.
——————————————————
Minutes passed as I stared at my laptop screen trying to edit the document until I hear the same woman calling my order number.

Grabbing my belongings hastily, I went to go get my drink. However at the bottom I found a note.
——————————————————
Author's note
Hey! Sorry this chapter is crappy, I promise it gets better soon!
I love you so much and I'm so proud of you!

-Nour xx