3

" Hey,I am Aneissa." She forced a smile at the man and was ignored.

"Excuse me." She called out again.

Ignored.

She tried calling a few more times but he simple went to the wall opposite to her and leaned on that closing his eyes.

'Calm down, Aneissa, we need help of this man.'

She counted to ten and took a deep breathe.

.

.

.

Days passed, nothing new happened aside from her cell getting two bowls of 'food' .

She tried to start a conversation with the man few times but failed.

She could just huff in anger.

One day when she laid on the ground trying to hear any possible sound.

She heard loud footsteps of multiple people.
She immediately sat up and noticed that the man seemed to have heard the sound too as he was looking towards the gate.

The footsteps were hurried which made shrink further in the corner of the room trying to hide herself in the darkness.

Few minutes later, around 5-8 men appeared wearing all black, one of them opened the gate as they came inside.

They tied the man in her cell with an iron chain and roughly dragged him out, the man's face was blank he was not at all panicked or anything.

While Aneissa trembled to see how they were treating him as one of the man kicked on his face and stomach.

She stayed at her corner until she couldn't hear any voice anymore.

The cell felt unusually quiet. It wasn't as if the man used to say anything but she still felt lonely.

Atleast she had a human with her.

But now she was left behind.

She felt the sudden urge to cry.
And she listened to her urge.

.

.

.

Hours passed her crying and begging to be free, wanting to go home, missing her loved ones.

Tired she laid on the ground.
Now she was used to the ache in her back when collides with the rough ground.

Few minutes lated she heard the sounds again.

Multiple, rapid footsteps , her eyes went to the gate anticipating someone.

And they came, the man in black with her cell mate. They roughly threw him on the ground and closed the gate.

Her eyes went wide when she noticed his condition.

He was brutally beaten, scars all over his body.

He was whipped, his rag clothes had blood sticking on it.

'why did they beat him?'

She didn't even knew whether he was criminal or not but she was sure that she wasn't one herself.

She noticed as the blood from his body spread accross the area.

Terrified she bounced towards him, she rapidly tapped his chin.

" .hey!!"

She tried to wipe the blood with her hands

" Hey, Cellmate! " She felt lump in her throat.

She was panicking inside.

"Wake up!!" She started to look over his body, blinking her eyes to clear her vision covered with tears.

" Please, please Don't Die infront of me!" She cried desperately.

" Heyyy!! Don't die !!wake up! " She was crying loudly by now.

Just imagining to live with corpse was horrifying.

She have notice the Skeleton in the cell opposite to them.

They don't provide proper burials.

She wished with all her heart for him to wake up.

And he did. He blinked his eyes and groaned in pain as she flinched and backed away

His eyes than went to her who wiped her tears with her sleeves.

She was so emotional at that moment.

" Thank you for not dying." She uttered exhausted as darkness took over her.

.

.

.

.

.

One time the man in black appeared.

It was food time Aneisaa crawled on her knees towards to bowls only to notice.

One bowl was empty.

Her eyes went to the man who was also looking at her.

Her hands instantly went to the bowl but another hands covered her's.

" It's mine." She glared.

He just stared at her tighten his grip around the bowl.

She noticed how he didn't budge even a little.

" Look, dude, you see , you are so strong whereas I am a weak and delicate lady can you please let me have it.?" She started with the manipulation.

Food before dude.

The grip didn't loosen.

" Look at you being so petty about a bowl of, what is not even proper food, let me have it ,will you?" She tried reasoning.

She just recieved a blank stare and tighten grip.

" Oh God! Okay, let's divide fifty-fifty. Shall we?" She proposed a deal, than the grip loosened.

She took the opportunity to  drink the soup.

She had to leave half but didn't had any plans to leave.
Suddenly her bowl was snatched.

It fell on the floor.

The man looked at her who still had soup in her mouth and with a slam she was pinned to the ground the rough mouth met hers as he sucked out all the soup in her mouth gulping it.

His tongue explored each corner of her mouth in search of any possible 'soup'.

While she froze at her spot, her eyes widen, heart beating fast.
She felt all hot and bothered.

Her eyes were watery, as she tried to push him, the stone was stinging in her head.

He slowly backed off seemingly unbothered his gaze went to the fallen bowl which had about two spoon soup left in it.

He took he instantly took the bowl and drank the remaining licking the bowl.

Looks like hunger was finally taking over him.

•••••••••••••••••