Chapter Two: The Boy

September 17th, 2022
9:25 a.m.

It's been a week since school had started, and I already hated that I had to go to business law class every single day now, for the rest of the year. I didn't understand a damn thing from the start, the only grade average I received so far was an eighty five, only for what you did during summer break paper.

Mister Foi had just clapped his hands again, meaning that he was going to announce another thing. How can I forget? Since the beginning, it started out like that.

"Students, please stand up." Mister Foi said.

We stood up, wondering our eyes around the room and back at him, wondering why we had to stand up.

"I'm going to arrange your seats for this marking period." He announced. "But don't worry, each marking period the arrangement shall change."

"Seat changing?" The guy next to me said. "That's why we have to stand up?"

"Yes." Mister Foi replied. "Alright, let's see here." He adjusted his glasses as he looked down on the roster, of how he is going to arrange our seats.

"Alright, George Pines?" Mister Foi asked.

"Me." George said as he raised his hand up. The guy who was next to me not that long ago.

"You're on seat number three by the windows." Mister Foi said.

"Alright." George sighed as he grabbed his stuff, and sat on the third seat by the windows.

"Alicia Wu?" Mister Foi asked. "You're on seat number two by the windows, as well."

"Mallory Jacobs?" He asked.

"That's me." I said.

"You're on seat number four in the back wall." He replied.

I moved from the seat in the middle and walked to the seat by the back wall.

"Finn South?" Mister Foi continued. "You're also in the back as well. Take your seat at seat number one."

Damn, if he was doing this is alphabetical order, he sure would be doing it wrong. But, I'm okay with it. Cause I wouldn't want to be seating next to some annoying person.

Ten minutes later

He was almost done with arranging seats. "Sarah Lynn, you're on seat three in the middle, that faces the doorway."

"Okay!" Sarah sighed.

"Last but not least." Mister Foi sighed. "Eddie Minato. Where is that young man?"

"I'm here, sir." Minato said as he came inside the class late.

"You're late, Minato." Mister Foi replied. "But, I will let it slide since it's only the first full week of school."

"Thank you, sir." Minato replied.

"You can stay there, in the back seat next to Hector." Mister Foi announced.

"Fair point." Minato replied.

After the seat arrangement was done, I looked over to where Eddie was seating, and he was nice looking. He had brown eyes, that shine bright like the sunset, his eyebrows were nicely groomed, he was light skin, he kind of sounded like he had an Italian accent, but it was much deeper. His arms weren't buffed like Dwayne Johnson, but you could tell his arms were muscular. His hair was brown, it was short, and it was slicked back.

"They need to know where the truth of football shall rise." Minato said to Hector.

I guess, because it's only been the first week, Minato didn't seem to notice I looked at him for a few seconds, then he was about to look back facing the teacher, so I quickly looked away before he could catch me. Mister Foi finally told us about the first assignment we had to do. We had to learn about business sales.

"Business sales." Mister Foi wrote on the board. "All you need to know about this lesson, is how much percentage of a sale of an business would cost, depending on how much supplies was sold."

"What business is going to be about though?" George asked.

"It's going to be about food and box sales." Mister Foi replied.

"Oh, okay." Alicia replied.

*Bell rings*

"Alright, we'll continue with this lesson tomorrow. Have a good day everyone." Mister Foi announced.

I grabbed my backpack and placed it on my bag, as I was doing so, I took one more glance of Eddie before I left the room.

"So, do you know what you're doing this weekend?" Hector asked.

"I'm not sure yet." Eddie replied. "Maybe something wild and fun. Maybe I got to get interested into something first."

I soon left the room, and as I was walking down the hallway from the room, I overheard that Hector said, "Or interested in someone."

"Come on, dude." Eddie said as both of them were walking far back behind me. "It's only the first week, I can't be into anyone that fast."

"I would be surprised if you found someone who likes you this quickly." Hector laughed.

"Don't be ridiculous." Eddie laughed. "If I wanted to be with someone this fast, than it would of been done not that long ago."

And with me overhearing those words, I soon head to my next class and pretended I didn't hear anything from their conversation.