♟ 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗 ♟

⤜♡→ 𝔑𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔈𝔫𝔠𝔬𝔲𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔯

Wanda

Where are you?!!???

Me and Nat are already at the bar

On my way!!!1!

I step out of the taxi, the wind immediately buffering my coat and billowing out my hair. The bar is down the street and I start walking my heels clicking on the pavement. The girls had said they were taking me out on my "Last day of freedom," before I returned to work. I walk faster wary of dark alleys and the rain-slicked pavement.

Shadows dance unevenly across the alleyways and I shrink away from the darker patches my breath coming in quick gasps. I can feel the paranoia of that night, the fear that is numbing my fingers.

The next alley is flickering with shadows and I can hear heavy breathing and sounds of a struggle. Panic is seeping in until I hear a voice.

"God damn it Rumlow wait till Steve and I break your weasley back."

That voice sounds like James and the mention of Steve. "My Steve?" I wonder. Curiosity wins over fear and I peak into the alley finding James. James his nose scratched with blood his lip oozing red. He's fighting another man. He's smaller, slimmer, and his movements are more frantic but he's in control James' arms are pinned to his back as the gun is kicked from James' hands skittering onto the ground and bouncing off my feet.

"Kick me the gun." The voice is concise and he enunciates it looking at me. Panic sweeps through me and I kick it turning away as he pulls his hand free and grasps the gun. A gunshot explodes from the alley and I yelp a tear slipping down my cheek. I look back seeing a figure jumping over a fence. James wipes away blood from his lip his eyes dark and murderous. His suit is muddy and his hands are bleeding. I find my eyes sweeping up his form and back to his face. His eyes...

"Do you need help?" I ask then see him lurch. I'm at his side in an instant his body is heavy against my shoulder as I try to hold him steady. "Where's your car?" I ask.

"A block that way," His head bobs down the street and I start to stumble that way. I grit my teeth to focus on the pain in my jaw than the weight in my shoulder. I'm surprised to find his car a sleek black Bugatti. It wasn't the car I was in last time I think I would have remembered riding in a swanky car like that.

He unlocks the car and then slides into the passenger seat. I check his pulse. It's steady, he hasn't lost too much blood. His eyes flutter shut and I tap his cheek. He glares at me.

"I'm taking you to the hospital," I say explaining to him. His hand tightens around my wrist.

"No."

"No...? I can't not take you to the hospital, you could be losing too much blood."

"I can't go to the hospital." He says blood still dripping from his lip. His eyes are desperate searching my face.

"Why?" I ask. If I don't take him to the hospital he could die and I wouldn't be able to forgive myself for this.

"I just can't. Take me home." His voice is demanding and cold. I pull back my face lapsing into emotionless.

"Okay." I respond hoping I can tend to him at home. I wonder what I've stumbled into. What makes this man fear entering a hospital when he's injured but be able to confide in me? What makes him fight men in dark alleys? What makes him attack the moment he sees me in his apartment?

I get into the driver's seat examining the controls. I insert the key and start the car. I'm surprised by how normal the car feels, for one of the most expensive car brands..

"What's your address?" I ask.

"596 Leaman Place" He says through gritted teeth.

I know the area and spin the car into traffic. As we drive I can't help but think what if he kills me while I'm at his apartment. However something tells me he wouldn't. Something about the way Steve called him James. Something about Steve that made me trust him. I am actually quite stupid for wandering into their lives and not ignoring these red flags. 

ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ♡ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ

I bang his door open pushing him onto the couch. I rummage through the cabinets finding an absurd amount of junk and nothing of what I'm looking for. I head to the bathroom, looking through the lower drawers and finally find bandages, gauze, and rubbing alcohol. I return to the main room to find James on the couch.

I kneel next to the couch rubbing cotton balls doused in rubbing alcohol over the wounds. I work quickly as more blood spills from a wound on his arm. I peel away the sticky suit arm and find the wound still gushing blood. I dab at the blood then wind it tightly in a bandage. The front of my white dress shirt is drenched in his blood.

I panic as still more blood seeps from his wounds. I rip open the sleeve of his shirt apologizing as he winces. I layer gauze over what looks like a knife stab in his upper arm. I work feverishly for the next 30 minutes applying pressure to his wounds and wrapping them in bandages with salve. My hands are red, blood caked under the nails and my shirt is almost completely soaked through. I step back heading to the sink with his shirt which I discarded from the rips and blood. I unbutton my shirt which is uncomfortable and cold again my skin. A pale stain of blood on my midriff.

Setting them in the sink I turn on the water and find bleach under the which I set into the sink as blood washes down the drain. I look back to James who's breathing heavily. His eyes flick open and he turns to the door as the lock turns. The door swings open and...

♥ Word Count: 1018

♥ Date Written: 5/16/2023

𝕿𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝕱𝖔𝖗 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 ~ 𝕾𝖔𝖑𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖈𝖊 ♫♬♥