❀ Alhaitham & Kaveh: Who Did This to You?

~ Fluff
💔~ Angst

The photo accurately describes Alhaitham's reaction while reading this chapter HAHAHAHAHAHA (i'm sorry alhaitham pls don't hate me)

⚠️TW - This chapter mentions blood, poison, and stab wounds.

~~~~

Alhaitham's POV

What a nuisance.

It was 8 PM, with me sitting in my desk, checking the hundreds of badly written applications.

Seriously, whoever taught those people how to write a resume should have their teaching licenses revoked immediately.

Such a disgrace.

On the other hand, a fortunate thing was that Kaveh was not here to annoy me. In fact, he left early this morning to visit a 'friend'. Oh, that friend must be really lucky to have someone like Kaveh as their friend. I was actually more surprised about the fact that he had a friend.

The main door swung open. Speaking of the devil...

I sighed, not daring to look at him. Why would I want to torture myself by looking at such a hideous creature? From the corner of my eye, I could see a tall and blond figure wobbling to the kitchen.

He was drunk. Again.

He had been away for hours and didn't even say hello? Heck, he didn't seem to have bought anything for me. As if he would ever do anything that kind to me.

I left my desk and started heading to where Kaveh was.

What is he- CRASH!!!

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud noise. I rushed to the kitchen, and there he was on his knees.

"Hey, are you drunk again?" I grumbled, kneeling down to his side.

"S-Stay away from me. Don't get.. dirty," Kaveh spoke in a shaky tone.

He's speaking nonsense as usual. Of course he's drunk, or so I thought.

If that was true, why is it that I'm not smelling the faintest scent of alcohol? Was he really not drunk?

"What are you even saying?" I sighed. He looked like he could barely move. What a nuisance.

I placed his arm over my shoulder, supporting his body by holding him from the waist. What a silly mistake that was.

He let out a cry and placed his hand over mine.

"L-Let go," he whimpered.

Huh? What's going on?

I pulled his hand away. "I'm trying to help you, okay? At least stop making it unnecessarily harder for both-"

My hand. My hand felt weird.

I looked at it, and I wished I didn't.

It was covered with blood. Kaveh's blood.

"Kaveh, what is this?!"

It was then when I realized that I didn't carefully examine Kaveh yet. He was paler than usual, and his white top was drenched in blood. His breathing was heavy and unsteady. Even the blue belt that he wrapped around his waist had bloodstains on it! How deep was that wound exactly?!