Prologue

Waves crashed onto the rocks and shore where the blonde haired female victor sat, staring into the sunset. Her locks flowed freely in the breeze as she soaked in the feeling of her home before she'd have to head back to Victors Village to listen to the announcement of the quarter quells.

Footsteps approached the victor as she tilted her head slightly to see who came to collect her. Sea-green met sky blue as two pairs of eyes met the other half of their souls.

A peaceful smile blossomed on the female as she raised herself from the sand, meeting the grinning male halfway.

A tingling feeling graced the pair as their hands became intertwined. The two halves of one whole made their way towards their house but not before a bright flash hit them, sending them tumbling down onto a hard concrete floor- the total opposite of the sandy beach they'd been on only seconds ago.

The male was quick to react, shielding the female behind him so that if there was any danger he'd be the first hit and the women would be able to make a run for it and save herself.

A groan caught their attention as they turned to see the newest victors on the floor, one on top of the other, groaning from the pain.

A greying old man was stood beside the two, not giving a single shit about the two as he continued sipping on his drink. Haymitch- that was his name. A previous victor of district 12 and the mentor of Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark- the star-crossed lovers and the ones currently groaning on the floor.

Effie Trinket, the escort of District 12, was busy fussing over the two as she helped them up, scolding them about the scene before she realised that they weren't back at Victors Village.

An old women with white hair was helping up a young red headed girl as they looked around confused before noticing two very familiar faces. "ARTY! FINN!" Annie cried out, rushing towards the male and female victor who just as quickly rushed towards the girl.

The three grasped onto each other as if their lives depended on it, neither of them wanting to let go if the others. Sadly they had to as they realised more and more people were appearing out of the blue.

Finnick grasped onto the older women's hand as he guided her towards the red and blonde females that he'd previously been clutching onto.

"Where are we?" President Snow says, looking around at the lavish room, spotting Victor's, their families and Capitol citizens along with a few unknown people.

Artemis gripped onto Finnick's hand with the one not holding Annie, her hold on both tightening at the sight of the monster who took everything away from her. Finnick squeezed back in reassurance- his way of saying he was here and nothing and nobody would be allowed to hurt her. And if they dared try, he'd hurt them 100 times worse than they planned to hurt her.

Mags smiled as she stared at the pair of victors, she honestly wished they'd confess to each other already. They'd been at it for over a decade.

A letter flew down from the ceiling of room, straight into the hands of Peeta Mellark who looked at it weirdly. Katniss took the letter from Peeta before clearing her throat and began reading it.

"Dear Panem,

You are all here to watch the future and stop the deaths of some important people who impacted the future greatly.