Chapter One: The Explosion That Changed Everything

"Star!?"

Marco first exclaimed her name in shock of seeing her again.

"Star!"

This time, he realized her state and yelled her name worriedly.

Coming back to his senses, he quickly sprinted over to her seemingly lifeless body.

"STAR!"

This time his shout was filled with fear.

He tried to think fast. Shakily, he checked her pulse. He breathed nervously for a moment until he suddenly felt her heartbeat.

Marco let out a long sigh of relief.

After a moment, he reminded himself that just because her heart was still beating didn't mean she was ok...

He remembered the two had decided to stay in the Realm of Magic together, he had then woken up on that stretcher back on Earth beside Janna, and then Janna had helped him escape to that portal in the distance...

For a moment, he wondered what had happened to Janna, but then he went back to focusing on the more important matter.

He remembered chasing after the portal... but then... he hadn't made it in time...

But despite that, there had been a huge explosion. Maybe Star had seen a portal on Mewni too and had reached hers, or maybe his helmet he had been wearing riding Jackie's scooter, which had flown off from his head, reached the portal and activated it that way. He wasn't really sure.

But whatever the cause was, the explosion had happened, and it was in that moment Marco realized that must've been what happened to Star.

The explosion must have directly hit her, with all its force...

Realizing this worried Marco even more and the thought of Star really not being in good shape, and the fact that her heart could stop beating at any moment, terrified him.

But he used all his strength to push those concerns away and focus his attention on getting help.

A few moments ago, on that stretcher, he thought he had lost Star forever, and then when he thought he hadn't reached the portal in time, the little spark of hope he had felt at seeing the portal faded.

He truly felt he would never see Star again after that.

But now that he was with her again, he vowed he would do everything in his power to make sure he didn't lose her.

He picked Star up and started walking.

He'd walk to the hospital. He'd worry about letting his parents know what happened later, once Star was getting the proper treatment she needed.

But as Marco walked and looked at his surroundings, he realized how unfamiliar they were.

He didn't notice how all the buildings were falling apart, he just knew he wasn't home... and he had no clue where the hospital was...

He suddenly felt cold and lightheaded.

"HELP!" he finally resorted to the only idea he could think of. "HELP! PLEASE HELP US!"

Marco ran around the unfamiliar streets the best he could carrying Star for a while, shouting for help.

In that moment, he hoped more than anything in the whole world someone would hear his calls and rush to help them, or maybe he would even stumble upon the hospital.

But... neither of those things happened.

Marco could barely even walk anymore as worry numbed his body.