⌗ | 007.

★ | seven

| seven. party
11:26am : monday

DURING LUNCH BREAK, Hyerin, feeling tired and lacking appetite, found herself alone in the classroom. bored and with no energy to join her classmates for lunch, she turned to her math notebook and began doodling on the last page.

after a few minutes of doodling, Hyerin reached for her phone and earphones. with a sigh, she plugged in her earphones and started playing some music, hoping to lift her spirits and drown out the emptiness of the classroom with familiar tunes.

amidst the quiet of the classroom, Hyerin's mind buzzed with thoughts, particularly about Jungwon and Jay. she pondered over their plan of fake dating and wondered how it would unfold. would it really work? and as for Jay, she contemplated how to capture his attention and make him notice her in a way that went beyond their current acquaintanceship. as these thoughts swirled in her mind, she felt a mixture of anticipation and uncertainty about the days ahead.

Minji finally found her in the classroom and let out a sigh of relief. "Hyerin, where have you been? I've been looking all over for you. why are you here all by yourself?" she asked with concern in her voice.

"oh, hi. I'm just really tired," Hyerin replied casually. but Minji could sense something more behind her friend's words. she gently cupped Hyerin's face with both hands, making her face her directly. "no, you're not just tired. tell me what happened. is everything okay?" Minji's concern was evident in her voice and her expression.

"it's just studies, school is hard nowadays, and maybe also Jay... and Jungwon," Hyerin confessed, her gaze shifting downward to her lap. the weight of her words hung in the air, revealing the underlying concerns that had been weighing on her mind.

"oh... what about them hm? I get about jay, since you have a crush on him but why Jungwon? do you like him too?" Minji gasped as she was assuming things.

Hyerin's cheeks flushed slightly at Minji's assumption. "no, it's not like that with Jungwon," she explained hastily. "we just... have a plan together, that's all." she hoped her friend wouldn't read too much into it, but she knew Minji had a knack for picking up on these things.

"what plan? what are you two hiding from me?" Minji asked, her curiosity piqued. Hyerin hesitated for a moment, realizing it might be best not to divulge too much. "did I say 'plan'? oh sorry, I meant I think Jungwon likes me," she lied, surprising herself with the deception. Minji's eyes widened in surprise at the unexpected revelation.

"wait, what? really?" Minji asked incredulously.

"yeah," Hyerin nodded her head.

"I knew it! I knew that he likes you! I told you before too, though you refused to believe me. I mean, look at those heart eyes he always gives you," Minji said excitedly, her enthusiasm evident as she recalled past interactions between Hyerin and Jungwon.

as Minji continued to express her excitement, Hyerin's mind raced with conflicting thoughts. lying to her best friend felt wrong, and the guilt weighed heavily on her conscience. moreover, she questioned whether Jungwon truly had feelings for her. did she misinterpret his actions as "heart eyes," or was there genuine affection behind them? she was confused.

"anyways, are you coming to hearin's elder brother's birthday? he's a senior and he's friend with Jay and his friend group. haerin invited me and also told me take you and Jungwon with me." Minji said, snapping Hyerin out of her thoughts.

"oh, really?" she replied, momentarily distracted from her internal dilemma. the mention of Jungwon joining them caught her off guard, adding another layer of complexity to the situation. she nodded slowly, uncertain of how to proceed but also intrigued by the prospect of attending the party.

as Hyerin processed Minji's invitation to Haerin's brother's birthday party, a sudden idea crossed her mind. maybe this is the time to pretend that they're dating, she thought to herself. the notion of letting the school know that she and Jungwon, two best friends, were dating seemed like a potential solution to their current predicament. and the perfect time.

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗