PKMN Horizons - "Late Enough"

(AUTHOR NOTE:  Well, I put my hands on a keyboard and this is what my fingers produced. Have fun, I guess. Spoilers for Pokemon Horizons. Please watch it if you haven't already. There's only 8 episodes as of the time I write this, and not much of spoilery stuff in this one. Also, I don't know what to name it without spoilers for this fanfic. So, have fun. One last thing, the first setting is in a hospital.)

"We've been waiting for you, Roy." 

"Huh? What! What was so urgent?!?"

"It's about Liko."

"What? What happened to her!?"

"She, got into... an accident-"

"ACCIDENT!? WHAT-"

"Calm down," the woman said, sternly. She may seem intimidating, but nobody says that my Liko "got into an accident" and gets off hearing silence from me.

"She's still alive, so far." At this, I lost my mind.

"SO FAR?!" I was about to get aggressive with that lady.

"The injuries were serious, but we got to her in time. Time enough to keep her alive for a bit longer, but she may not have much time *left*," 

I clenched my fists, and gritted my teeth. Friede spoke up, finally.

"Go see her. This might be your last chance, don't waste it on attacking anybody." I understood his words.

It clicked. I ran into Liko's room. There, I saw her in a hospital bed. 'Just where I never wanted to see her.', I thought. I kneeled down to get to her eye level, since she was in a hospital bed. I took one of her hands in mine.

"Liko..." I said softly. "How could this happen?"
Li put an effort to opening up her eyes. "Roy?" She said softly. I weakly smiled, on the edge of tears.

"Are- are you okay?" I said, not knowing what to say.
She weakly laughed and tried to smile.

"Of course not, Roy. I'm in the hospital." She was looking into my eyes, but at saying she's in the hospital, she checked her surroundings. I sadly chuckled, "Of course."

I was so happy to see her, but also so sad that it might be the last time I do. "Look, Li, I'm... So sorry-"  

"No, Roy-boy. You don't have to apologize. You didn't know this would happen. Nobody did." I don't why, but I just... Broke down into tears.

I cried into the edge of the bed. "Why, why did this have to happen.." I could feel the regret, I was looking at it in the eye, and it had a point.

I shouldn't have left, I shouldn't have left... I was too busy with my regret, I didn't notice the other Rising Volteccers enter the room and watch me crying next to Liko.

 After a while, I stood up and-

-

-

"Roy, what are you telling Hachi about?"

"Hm? Oh, about the time you died!"

The beautiful blue-eyed woman crossed her arms. "I didn't die that day!" She then sat next to me and our wonderful child.

"I'll tell you the true story. See, I was battling Amethio earlier that day. Masquernya and Soublades were getting rough, as always, but this time..."

Hachi spoke up, "Oh! Did you run in to the two as they were about to blast each other really bad, like Uncle Ash with the- the-"

"No, no, Hachi. Soublades ran it's blades into a rock, and when it tried to pull them out, it accidentally caused a rock avalanche. Long story short, I broke my left arm, and my right leg. I ended up in the hospital for a week."

"But daddy said you were about to die!"

"Roy?" My wife said, looking a bit annoyed as she looked at me. She startled me, I was totally busted. "You totally exaggerated the story, didn't you?"

"Haha, ha, sorry Li. I had to make it interesting for-"

My family consisting of two others only laughed at me. "But, hey! I was trying to tell a good story..."

The End...?

(A/N: I have no idea how to end it, and I wasn't really feeling a depressing ending at the time that I wrote it, but I wanted to get a Pokemon Horizons fan fiction out sooner rather than later, and my main Liko x Roy- (Can we call it Roko? Please? Then I can write six Roko stories and call it the "Roko Roku") -AU story is probably going to take me months to figure out, so... I thought I might as well feed history a little quirky fanfic, because, why not?)