Dear You

Turns out I like the attention but can't commit to having it all to myself, without having tension and fights. I like being pursued but I don't plan on accepting any suitors. I enjoy talking about how much I can't date you and yet I want you to be around always and listen to me reject you. Um not playing hard to get I promise, it's just that I fell so easy the last time. Now all I'm doing is avoiding admitting that I have fallen for you Suitor. When you turn silent I can feel it and I miss you, but as soon as you show your face, send your text, or share your thoughts, I roll my eyes, look away and smile because then I'd know you are still holding on. It sucks to be me, a damsel in love but too cowardly to take a leap of faith. I am not a voice in my head, I am not the 18 year old who got hurt after her brave act of sacrifice . I am this girl now, wearing heavy armor but still praying it doesn't protect me from your eyes, Eyes that gaze upon me with wonder and admiration , I hope it doesn't protect me from your hands, Hands that keep reaching out no matter how many times I smack them off. I have this armor but nothing beats the weight of heart every time I think of you losing hope, you letting go, you finding her who wouldn't shoot riddles your way.
Dear You have I fallen for you, or am I yet to wake up from this day dream?, how I wish I could tell you, HOW I WISH
*****