《 part 1 》

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I never would've thought, that I would be longing this much for you. Just the mere presence of you near me, is enough, more than I would ask for. 

And here I am. 

I just want you near me. I just want to see you.

I hate you. I hate you for making me feel this way.

                                                                                   ~~~~~~

It's just an ordinary Monday, gah, Mondays. The worst day of the week. The longest day of the week. Why is Friday so far from Monday, yet Monday is so near to Friday?

It's pretty chill around the neighbourhood, at this early in the morning, as I walk to school. School is a prison. They have gates surrounding the whole the area. They only let you eat at certain times of the day. You're forced to do "work". If you don't, you get punished. 

Sounds like a prison to me.

It's awfully quiet, not a single bird could be heard anywhere. The silence creeping in each and every corner and crook, I walk by. Who cares, its probably normal. 

I put my headphones on and continue my way to prison, where i will be spending another 7 hours of my life in.

                                                                                    ~~~~~~

The distant chatter could be heard, even through my headphones. And here I thought I was blasting it up to the max.

Chatter, equals to school. School equals to stress. Stress equals to no sleep. No sleep equals to being drained. And that's what stage I'm at right now.

Why am I even here? I don't know. But I have this small feeling in my stomach. A feeling that urges me to keep pushing on with this crap. Besides that though, there's been someone on my mind lately. She's definitely not the reason why I'm here. Can't be.

~

As I walk to my locker, I hear someone call my name. What now.

 : "Y/n!"

Oh, just Milo, it's not that bad. My hands moved along a stack of books, dumped in my locker. Then a hand comes onto my shoulder before it gets slapped. 

Milo : "Y/n, you're looking so emo, imagine looking emo, couldn't be me."

"At least I don't look like you" I say before shutting my locker, slinging my bag onto my shoulder, then walking away.

Milo: "Bro woke up and chose violence. I'm offended." Milo says before walking behind me.

I walk over to my classroom and sit at my usual desk. Just me, by myself. All alone at the top of the class. No one likes sitting at the top of the class. But there's always no where else for me to sit. So do I have a choice? Nope.

The bell rings.

 Milo left for their class already. The bell could easily wake someone up from a coma, whether they've been sleeping for 10 years or not. 

I prop up my elbow onto the table and lean my head on my fist. Trying to pass the time is difficult, especially when you have brain block, where you're just dumb and stupid and suddenly everything you know disappears. The wall is looking nice today. I might fancy taking a look at it.

All's great and all, until something decides to ruin my blank moment of nothingness. The teacher walks into the class.

Gosh, not this guy. Everyone hates him. He stalks all the girls around the school, rumour has it that he walks girls home. Some say they see him watching them from afar, to see where they live. Crap, this teach needs some help quick. If you're lucky enough to be not good-looking, he'd probably not follow you home.

Then someone catches my eye. My eyes bolt up from the wall I was admiring, onto this girl. Oh, this girl.. Then half the class starts screaming her name out.

"HALII!!"

Dayum, my ears. 

She looks down at me. Gosh, those eyes. Eyes I could stare into forever. Ew, stop, snap out of it. This is just some random girl. 

She is no random girl.

She's Hali Issel. She is the literal queen of the class. More than half the class, is part of her army. She has this hella ass group of friends in the class, then a whole army outside of it. She's always surrounded by her friends. All her friends act as if they're her bodyguards. They even act like bodyguards too. Never have I ever, seen people so protective over a friend. I probably can't say anything about it, because I've never had one. This is why I keep my distance away from her. She's what you call the popular girls. I could never see myself as to being "popular". Popular? Couldn't be me. 

But there's something different about her. She not like those, "pick me" popular girls. Or those big mouthed freaks who can't keep their mouths shut. Or anything like that put together. She's different. And I find it so strange. 

And as I expected, she's going to have to sit beside me. The second she does that, you can hear the instant sound of gossip behind us. Like a crowd at a concert of somesort. The sound of Alvin and the chipmunks finally disturbed by the teacher. Only this once I'm happy he's here.

The chattering dies out. Finally. 

I take a quick glance up at Hali, the first thing I instantly notice was her posture. Her back was straight, her chin up. What is she? The girl from Princess Diaries? Her long, dark brunette hair's pulled up into a neat and straight high ponytail. How long is her hair...? Its a high ponytail, yet its slightly more than halfway down her back. Her uniform, has not a single piece of crease or anything. Then I look up at her eyes. Up at her eyes. She's probably 4 inches taller than me or something. I'm a waffle compared to her.

 Crystals. Her eyes are like beautiful blue halites. I could look into them for ages. Oh crap I think I did. 

She slightly moved her head to the left, enough so she could get a glance of me. During that process, she also slightly shifted her face a little to the left as well. Does she really want that much of a view from me...? Don't look at me. Look at the wall, it's looking better than me. As I thought that, she finally moved her eyes. It was like a sideye of somesort. It only lasted a second before she turned away again. 

I let out a sigh of relief, oh god. I let out a sigh of relief too loudly. I'm sure I did. Im so sure everyone heard it. Because from the side of my eye, I saw Hali give me a smirk. 

My eye is talented.