Chapter 12

((Elsa))
"Do you really have to go?" I asked, bowing my head to my parents, who stood at the bottom of the stairs, luggage behind them.

"you'll be alright. we'll be back before you know it." my father reassured, my mother nodding along.

"I'll miss you." I mumbled, as the kissed my forehead, and then exited through the large front doors.

"Come along my lady... We should get you back to bed."Mary wrapped her arms around my shoulders, but i shook them off and walked up the stairs, alone.

Coming into my room, i let Mary dress me in my nightgown before she left. I sat on my bed for possibly ten seconds before i started to cry, the snow starting to fall in my room. after checking the small wall clock, that read it was nearly nine, I wiped my tears, and leaped from my bed, Perhaps Jack could take away my sorrow. I thought as i bent down, and picked up my tattered dress.

It was actually a present from Jack. He bought it in town, one day and when we met at night, he gave it to me saying, "I know i can't buy you the best jewelry or the best dresses, but i can get you some things." and then he had kissed me. I only wear this dress when i go to see him, and that was most likely why Mary smelt pine this morning.

I quickly changed, and clipped my cloak around my neck. I let my hair down, and pinned the sides back, just so maybe some people won't recognize me. although i don't think i would have to worry about that due to the towns people never seeing me anyway.

I sighed, and pulled my hood over my head, and then opened the secret door. After successfully making it out of the castle, i made my way through the town, a man just finishing up lighting the lamps. "a, good evening ma'am." He smiled.

"Good evening." I replied, barely giving him a glance. I continued on, until someone grabbed my shoulder. "No!" I shouted, swinging my fist around, but it was caught, to my dismay.

"Whoa, Elsa calm down It's just me." The lanterns illuminated Hans' face, as he let my hand go.

"Hans! Oh my... W-when did you get here?" I stuttered, as he took the hood off my head.

"I never left. I was going to surprise you, but then I saw your cloak moving around town, so i could only guess you were either robbed, or it was you." Hans chuckled, and moved his hands awya from my face.

"You were going to... surprise me?" I questioned.

"Yea, I figured a nice late night date wouldn't be so bad, I was coming to get you now, but i guess you decided to meet me half way. I found this magnificent clearing, i think you would just love it." He smiled brightly, and took my hand, starting to lead me down the trail i was initially going to walk down. I pulled my hand away, and prayed to God that Jack wasn't there. "So you're wearing your hair down, huh? It looks good. you should wear it like that more often." Hans spoke up, glancing at me from the side.

"I thought i could do something different with it." I answered.

"I see. And what's up with the dress?" Hans questioned, looking me up and down.

"It was a present from a friend and i find it very comfortable. I enjoy wearing it." I snapped lightly.

"Okay... Well here we are." Hans pulled back a tree branch the way Jack normally did, and revealed the lake i grew to love. On the shore in front of us was a golden blanket, with lit candles at every corner, a vase of roses in the middle of the blanket, and several plates of expensive foods. "Do you like it?" he asked. "Oh, and watch this." He smiled, and walked up to several tree branches, and tapped on the jars hanging from them, and slowly fireflies started to light up.