Chance

We met last year on this website my friend had shown me years before. Actually we met sixteen months two weeks and five days ago, but who's counting?

Anyway, I stopped using the site for a while but, at that time last year my boredom had become evident and more consistent. I had decided to start up again. I won't say the name of this website because it is known to be quite inappropriate, there is a lot of nudity involved and I won't say I haven't been apart of any. But if you ask me I tend to avoid the question. Don't take offence, it is never anything personal, I just wouldn't be able to live with the judgement that naturally occurs when talking about something like this. You see, this website is a place where you can meet random strangers. I mainly log on to meet new interesting people because well, I like people. At that point in time I had my hedgehog, Truffles, on my lap burrowing between my legs to find warmth. And my bearded dragon, Al Capone, was also absorbing my heat through my blue graphic tee. Now, this particular boy that I was flung to through the mass collection of genetalia being flashed on my screen, was actually wearing clothes so I decided to talk to him. I was clicking the 'next' button so often that I hadn't moved my left hand in about an hour and it had started to cramp up, so talking to someone was a relief.

I was punched in the face by blue eyes and encaptured by the way they sparkled. I almost didn't hear him ask what the white spike ball in my lap was, "Don't tell me it's a hedgehog... I might just die if you do."  with a small smirk on my face I lifted the little sphere of quills from in between my fuzzy jammy pant legs and brought her up to the camera. I heard a gasp and what I could have sworn was a miniscule squeal come from his throat. "That is like holding a rare Pokemon, you can't just have a hedgehog can you?!" His british accent rang through my ears and made me smile even more. Was it wrong to think that someone who is about your own age is adorable? If so I'd rather do wrong than to skip him. We started talking about random things, until he said a sentence that echoed through my head throughout the entire night.

"I will literally marry you for your hedgehog."

I didn't know how to react at all so I just chuckled and brushed it off. 'Poor little sweetie, he doesn't even know my name and he's talking marriage, cute.' We continued our exchange of cheeky tongue noises when he asked me for my Kik, that was the moment I stopped breathing and thought seriously to myself. I have rules when I go into this website and number one is, I don't give out my information.

After we exchanged Kiks, we spoke more about where I'm from and where he's from, it was nice. That night his sister walked in and told him to go to bed, considering it was almost sunrise for him and my ten year old sister was just sent to bed. He promised to Kik me when he woke up in the morning. I did the math in my mind and figured he'd wake up sometime in the afternoon, so I had to wait I until eight in the morning to talk to him again.

After that night I learned so much about Devin, we spoke on kik and we would Skype everyday. Two weeks after we met I was on Skype with him for nine hours straight, "Hey, Devin, you still gunna marry me for the hedgehog? I gotta know so I can tell Ma that some Brit is gunna be in her house." I taunted because I loved to bring the subject up. For some odd reason it meant something to me that he even thought of such a thing. "No, forget the hedgehog. I'm gunna marry you for you. " His bright blue eyes deepened with sincerity and it made my heart do backflips. "Mikayla, I think it's safe to say I love you, even though we are in different countries, Hell, an entire ocean apart I want you to know that I have fallen in love with you. And I know that we have only known each other for a little while-" "One week and five days" "-Yes, one week and five days, I wanted to let you know that I have stronger feelings for you than I ever had with my girlfriend of two years." I refused to say the word love when it came to Devin. Even if it was in a platonic sense because I knew in the back of my mind that I was falling for him. I was tripping and landing on my face for him and I have never been loved back. Believe me I was scared more than anything in the world to love him and not have him love me back. But, for some odd reason, I believed him. And I knew that I loved him too, so I cried. I haven't cried since I was eight years old at the time, but this foreign boy had me crying silently at age seventeen. "I... I love you too, Devin." I choked out through thick tears and thick emotion.