CHAPTER 18: MY MISTAKE: PART 2

AUTHOR: SECOND PART IS KINDA WORD VOMIT BUT WE GETTIN CLOSE TO SEEING KAYDEN SO LEZ GOOOO

I'm kinda eepy sleepy rn so leme edit it tomorrow GOODNIGHT 

WARNING: SLIGHT WORD VOMIT

CHAPTER 18: MY MISTAKE: PART TWO.

WOOIN'S POV:

.

.

.

I arrived fairly early in class this time. Sitting quietly in my seat and preparing my school books and notepads was about all I could do in the time to spare.

Ever since yesterday when I discovered where Doctor Delein's pride sample went, I've kept quiet about the whole situation.

I wasn't particularly fond of hiding such a thing from him, but I needed time to think.

I still wasn't even sure if Jiwoo Seo was a tracker. And even if she wasn't, she would still inevitably be caught up in an unfortunate mess if the Doctor were to discover her.

Which is why I have decided to stay quiet.

I want to confirm things myself. Cautiously investigate and see if Jiwoo is a tracker. And if she isn't, then I'll do what I can to take that cat without involving her in this whole mess.

I hoped for the latter.

As if on cue, Jiwoo entered the classroom, particularly bright and cheery as she flopped her backpack onto the floor beside her desk.

She whipped her head around and smiled at me, "Hey Wooin!"

I blinked. The sudden attention sent an awkward flush into my face.

"I'm glad you were able to come to school today!"

The words caught in my throat, and I ended up awkwardly reaching for another one of my notebooks and fiddling with my pen.

Eventually she sighed dejectedly and turned back in her seat.

I glanced back at her.

The Doctor said she uses speed. It makes sense that she would be the one to take that cat seeing how just yesterday, she used speed to dodge all of those good for nothing delinquents.

I could sense a minuscule surge of numen coming from her at the time she picked a fight with them. Had she not arrived at the time she did, I would have silently taken them out myself, but I got the feeling their 'leader,' the kid with the white hair was also an awakened one.

Something I had noticed about Jiwoo was that she seemed rather clueless about the whole ordeal and it bothered me.

First, she strides in heedlessly just to back me up? We don't even know each other.

Secondly, she almost obliviously uses her numen to increase her speed, completely ignoring the fact there were regular humans there. Even worse, there were two other awakened ones there who could have easily intervened.

At the time Jiwoo was arguing with those thugs, the white-haired kid seemed transfixed on the whole ordeal. Despite his careless demeanor, he kept his eyes on them the entire time. Observant. Calculating.

He seemed quite unusual as well.

Even after their leader shut down the whole situation and left Jiwoo alone with me, she continued to act so unusual.