Roses are red, and so were her cheeks!

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? Kis ne kiya hai ye? Responsibility naam ki koi cheez hai ya nahi?" CEO Farjaad Ali Khan yelled angrily at the peak of his voice at the poor guy who brought the files as he thrashed the file on his table.

"Umeed Madam..." He replied with his voice shaking and heart beating as if it'd come out any moment.

"Miss Umeed? Un se kahen mere room mai ayein." He ordered him with an angry face. His pitch had toned down a bit, but his face was red. He sat down on his chair, and took a deep breath. Miss Mehak, who was standing in front of her table, offered him a glass of water. He opened the glass door of the room to obey his boss's orders. He stepped out of the room and his feet almost froze.

It had been almost a month since Umeed started working in his office. Initially, when Farjaad proposed this idea, she straightaway rejected it because she did not want any favours. But in his defence, he offered her a job because of her business degree and not because he was doing her any favours. She knew this wasn't the case but upon insistence she agreed just to gain some experience to start her career and also to put her degree to a use.

She knew how important was Farjaad's work to him. She also knew how important she was to him and that he wants her to grow into a responsible and independent woman. Keeping all of this in her mind, she always tried to be extra conscious and careful as soon as she entered the office premises. She tried to focus on the work as much as possible and avoid mistakes as much as she could. In the past one month of her working in this office, she had noticed how serious Farjaad was about his work and how strict he was on his employees, in a good way, to make sure they're working properly as well as learning. He used to guide them like a mentor, and scold them too, not to often though, but when needed.

She never experienced it herself though. She did make some mistakes but they were tiny enough to be ignored. She was noticing how his guidance and this new found discipline were changing her for the better as a person.

Today was going to be different, she thought in her head, with her hands and legs practically shivering, her heart beating like it had never beaten before, as she stood outside his office room, overhearing him fuming with anger at the poor guy who asked her in the morning for the file she'd been working on. She could sense the heat her body was radiating despite how cold the temperature of the surrounding was because of the air conditioners. She knew she had screwed it up.

"Wo... sir apko bula rahy hain." He obediently conveyed his message to her and left.

With her shivering body, she managed to push her arm to the handle of the door. She felt as if she'd faint any moment. She wasn't ready to experience his anger. All the instances when Pasha Sab yelled at her at the tiniest of her mistakes flashed before her eyes as she pushed the glass door. She remembered the damaging impact every word of his anger had on her self confidence. She did not want to see Farjaad as another Pasha Sab. All she had ever seen Farjaad as was a guiding figure who trusted her and her abilities and always made sure she never doubts herself. How can he shatter her self confidence like that?

Her thoughts wouldn't have gone this far, had she not heard him yelling out of anger herself.

She had entered the room and was now walking towards his table with a pale expressionless face. He was sitting on his chair in his black suit, white shirt and blue tie, looking fine and sharp as always. In her usual essence, she'd have greeted him with a chirpy and lively "Good morning SIRRR!" in a sarcastic tone. But today, she couldn't dare utter a word.

"Aa..apne bulaya?" She said with her voice breaking.
"Baithen." He ordered her to sit down on the chair in front of the table. His tone was imperative and his voice wasn't soft like it always used to be with her. She judged the seriousness of the matter and his mood with his tone as she sat down. She didn't have the courage to look into his eyes, so she just kept looking down. Another reason of her looking down was because she did not want him to see her puppy wet eyes, which could've begun showering any moment.