Chapter Eight - Bigots are Never Helpful

"Good morning, everyone!" Kayla says happily as she walks upstairs and sees everyone

 "Good morning, everyone!" Kayla says happily as she walks upstairs and sees everyone. "Well, look who finally decided to show up." Buck teases and quickly doges as she goes to smack the back of his head. "Don't even start with me, Buckley. I'm in a good mood." She sits on a chair between Buck and Chimney. Hen and Eddie are sitting across from them as Bobby sits at the head of the table.

"What's got you into such a good mood? Did you finally get a boyfriend?" Chimney asks in excitement as she knits her brows in confusion, "Do you seriously think I could only be this happy because of a man or because I got laid?" He doesn't say a word as she nods with a proud look. "If you must know, I just had a very good night of sleep is all. I am starving though." She looks at the food in front of the crew with a hungry smile.

"Alright before we dig in-" Bobby starts to say but gets cut off by the P.A. and alarm, the team groans. "Okay, lets go!" They all get out of their chairs and head to the trucks.

The trucks arrive at a little shopping center where a woman was run over by car. The team gets out of the truck and Kayla walks over with Eddie to grab their bags as Bobby and Buck walk over to the woman.

"I didn't know what to do. I was afraid to move the car." An elderly woman says to Bobby, "You did the right thing, we'll take it from here." He tells her as Buck, Eddie, and Kayla surround the woman to see what's wrong. "Do any of you have a pen? I've got a partial license plate. Somebody should write it down." The woman's voice sounds familiar. Kayla looks at her and it takes her a second before she realizes who it is and laughs to herself as Eddie and Buck continue to talk to her.

Once Hen and Chimney arrive with the ambulance she walks over to them with an amused smile, "Oh no, what happened?" Hen asks nervously when she sees the expression on Kayla's face, "Just follow me, we have a familiar friend." She leads them to the woman, "Okay, c-can you tell me your name?" They hear Buck ask as they get to the woman, "Lorraine." She answers as Athena, who nobody apparently saw arrive, gets over to them as well.

"Oh my gosh, Kayla was right. Don't we know you?" Hen asks, looking down at the woman. "Uh, no, I don't...I don't, I don't think so." Lorraine says nervously, obviously not wanting them to remember who she is. "Last year, Hancock Park." Hen says, things start to come back.

"That's right, I never forget a femur." Chimney says, making Kayla raise an eyebrow then she turns to the woman. "Well, I never forget a scammer's face. How's life been porch pirate?" She kneels down to be closer to eye level with the woman and Lorraine chuckles nervously. "Looks like I'm not the only one still observant." Athena says, commending the way Kayla remembered the woman.

They get her loaded onto a gurney and Chimney does some quick checks on her as she groans in pain into the oxygen mask. "Guess you moved up from porches to parking lots, huh, Lorraine?" Athena questions and Kayla smirks as she puts her equipment back in her bag. "What's your scam?"

"I don't know what you are talking about. I went to my court-mandated treatment. I'm completely cured. Haven't stole a package in months." Kayla rolls her eyes and walks to the truck, her bag on her shoulder. Eddie and Buck are leaning against the big red vehicle, watching everything that's going on.