Skye always wore long sleeved shirts, or something to cover up her arms. She's done that since she can remember, her foster families making sure of it.

Nearly everyone had one mark, those who didn't... their soulmate died. Either before they were born or after and the mark disappearing along with them, they'd find each other in the next lifetime.

So when she had three of them, in very very different handwriting, she always hid them.

She stood in the shower on the bus, glancing down at her arms.

She learned Russian and Sokovian specifically for this.

Her hand traced over the most sloppy handwriting of the three, she smiled to herself reading the words from the other language.

'I've got you my soul, I am here with you.'

Somehow her soulmate already knew they were destined.

She spoke the languages fluently by now, unsure if her soulmates would actually know English.

Her eyes fall onto the sentence that was by far the best handwriting, neat and in a straight line while the other two weren't as straight.

Skye had to admit, on a blank canvas she would never be able to write a straight line either.

'You could not have sung a different song to me darling?'

And then the last one, the reason why she was so interested in SHIELD anyway.

'You've caused panic in SHIELD by disappearing like that. Lots of paperwork'

She hoped they would be nice.

She never thought to imagine them, afraid to make the perfect dream only for it to disappear. Crumble and showing reality in its runes.

She never knew why she had three soulmates, she wasn't special.

Quads were uncommon, even trio's were uncommon only very few that are known.

It's why having more then one soulmate is still frowned upon by some people, mostly the church.

She quickly got out of the shower realising she had been in there for far to long.

She had training with Ward soon.

When she learned what SHIELD was at 16 she decided to start taking up self defence classes. Something told her she would need it if her soulmate was someone within SHIELD.

However since she had yet to complete trust the others she kept it to herself acting like she knew nothing.

She was smarter then she led the others to believe, she watched them all carefully. The only people who she truly trusted already were FitzSimmons. Mostly because they wouldn't even be able to hurt a fly, but also because their bickering was weirdly comforting.

She expected that a family would make her feel like that.

She dressed quickly before leaving the shared shower space and going to her bunk.

She was quickly called in for a debrief of a new mission.

Someone with fire powers was kidnapped after a data leak, caused by Miles.

Miles, he taught her so much.

She owed it to him to give him a heads up, how could she not.

He rescued her from the burning fire she was doomed to disappear in, he taught her so much about hacking. He used to be her boyfriend, but they broke up after Skye told him she was going to search for her soulmates. He had trouble letting go but wanted whats best for her and so with a heavy heart he watched her go.