Chapter 6

Maya is in sheer awe as she looks around the bustling Loggy Hollow, flying off to explore more.

Willy: Maya, wait up! We have to keep our wits about us!

Y/N sighs before looking at Arnie and Barney.

Y/N: Watch over Willy and Smoosh. I'll keep an eye on Maya.

Arnie/Barney: Yes sir!

Y/N flies alongside Maya as the gang walk through the log, admiring the sights and plethora of insects and bugs roaming around. Not far from them, however, were Rojos and his gang as they stalk them.

Willy: It's okay, Smoosh, don't be afraid. You leave that to me.

Maya tries to ask around for directions to Bonsai Peak but is brushed off or ignored entirely. Back at the entrance, Rumba finally arrives and starts searching around.

Rumba: Boof, any signs of them?

Boof: Ugh, I told ya they weren't here. You know what? I think we should go the other way to Bonsai Peak.

Rumba: There is no other way. Just keep looking.

Boof: If I was in charge, we would've found them by now.

Rumba: Okay, Boof. Which way?

Boof starts pointing around aimlessly, stuttering on which direction he wanted to go. But comes up with no answer and drops his head dejectedly.

Rumba: Where's Henchie?

As she goes off to find their other comrade, Boof mutters quietly under his breath.

Boof: You're still not good at this...

Henchie would stumble up to them carrying several wanted flyers, personally made by him. Depicting Maya, Willy, and Y/N with exaggerated features. He still sounded proud with his handiwork.

Henchie: It's a wanted poster.

Rumba: Henchie, this is a secret mission.

Henchie: Oh. But I put them up everywhere.

Rumba groans before spotting Maya on one of the top floors, pointing at her.

Rumba: There they are! This time, we get them.

Henchie: You hear that, bees? This time we get you!

Because of Henchie blurting aloud their plans, everyone in the area hears and turns to them. Including Maya's group.

Maya: Run!

As they rush to escape the boom bugs, Rumba groans in frustration before chasing after them with Boof and Henchie. Nearby, Bandit lets out an agitated growl.

Bandit: Stupid boom bugs! They're scaring off our prey!

Rojos: Steady, boys. Follow them.

Chasing after the Boom Bugs, the trio rush to catch up as Maya and the others search for somewhere to hide.

Arnie: Maya, you four hide!

Barney: We'll lead them away!

As the ants continue down a different path, Y/N and the other three hide as the boom bugs rush by them, completely evading them. They peak around the corner as Smoosh climbs up some stairs, watching the ants and boom bugs for a bit.

Behind them, however, Rojos and his gang arrive but hide before they can be spotted. They whisper quietly.

Rojos: Follow the failures. Leave these ones to me.

His two goons nod and follow after the Boom Bugs and the ants, while Rojos backs up and hovers just below the window leading into the room Maya and the other three were in.