How can you let go of the past, when the past can't let go of you?

They say to keep your mind in the present moment,

But the past tends to creep in through the creeks and cracks of this broken mind.

how can I stay in the moment?

When all the memories has shown me how imperfect I really am.

When all their words are like lashes that keep me from moving forward.

Its hard to let go of all the times that remind me of my flaws, the memories can't seem to let me go.

I am stuck, time has stood still, and rewinds to remind me of my imperfections . To remind me that no matter how far I run, how many times I try to start over, the same mistakes will haunt me like psychosis, playing the same games on repeat and expecting a different result.

I try to do better. It's the same mistakes just a different day.

And no matter where you go, if you keep getting told that you are the problem, how are you not to believe that you are one?

Begging for time to move forward, waiting for the future to come to you, but the world keeps spinning. Time is moving forward, your getting older, but your mind is still stuck in the moments that hold pain and heartbreak.

How can I focus on the now?

When my mind wants to focus on the past, and refuses to leave me be.