Chapter 6; My old friends!

The sounds of birds chirping from those cables on those telephone lines, the bright ray of  sunshine from the yellow sun, the green grass.. Mari can't stop herself from smily like a goofy little idiot.

She's out! She's never been out for a long time! So has Mewo.. and Sunny! Oh, he must be so happy right now! Wonder what he's thinking? Mari thinks to herself, as she stares at her little brother, who is walking beside Kel. Sunny seemed to be lost in his own thoughts, as he leads Kel (surprisingly) to somewhere, That reminds her- she still doesn't know where their going!

She really does want to know, is it somewhere she knows? Well, Sunny seems to know the way so it's.. quite obvious she should know too.. so maybe she'll look around and try to guess where they're heading. "Kinda.. kinda like a guessing game!" Mari mumbles to herself as Mewo looks up to her from her arms. "What like a guessing game?" It asks, confusion written on its face.

Mari looks up and notices that Sunny and Kel had taken a corner, so she follows them too, making sure she stood behind them.. yknow, to not lose them. She looks back at Mewo, who is still waiting for an answer. "Oh well, I'm trying to guess where we're going- I'm gonna make it a game, wanna play too, Mewo?" Mari asks the black cat in her arms, Mewo stays silent for a while before shaking it's head.

"You know I don't go out often either, I don't think I'd remember" Mewo states, looking around. In front of them, stood the infamous Faraway Park! In all its glory! Just seeing it floods Mari with a lot of memories, fun and happy times she'd have with her brother and friends.. were they heading there perhaps?

"Heading to the park?" Mari guesses, walking faster than earlier to get ahead of Kel and Sunny. She takes a good look at their faces, Kel quietly points at the park, making Sunny notice. He nods in response as they take a right and continue their way. Mari stops, as she makes her way back behind them, "okay.. not the park" Mari mumbles, as she continues walking behind them. She's still quite excited over where they'd be going!

They enter the town plaza, which was a few minute walk from the park. The red OtherMart sign at the top of the building gives Mari so much nostalgia, she'd come here often to get groceries or just hang out with the group. They'd buy pizza at Gino's, or would go to.. "Hobbeez!" Mari exclaims loudly, startling the poor cat in her arms, as she watches Kel and Sunny walk in.

She opens the door, she didn't really but just phased through it. She obviously wasn't used to phasing though doors other than the ones at home.. who knows if one day, these weird effects would run out and she'd slam face first into the door. She'd probably laugh and go something like.. 'old habits die hard hehe'

She snaps out of her thoughts as she starts hearing some cool non familiar funky music, they must've switched the old music after a bit.. she didn't mind though, this new music is a bop! The three of them walk into a medium sized shop that sells lots of stuff! She can't remember what, but from the looks of it- games, figurines, books, this was Sunny's favourite shop. She'd always visit here with Sunny when they passed by, he'd always go to the comic book section first..

Sunny seemed to be just in awe as Mari was, until Kel snapped him out of it with his big exclaims. "Well! Here we are at Hobbeez! It's probably been a while since you came here, but nothing really has changed much!" Kel states, as he points to various shelves and naming the things on them.

"Captain Spaceboy games, Sweetheart movies, a few pet rocks.." Kel lists, "..except their all vintage!" This startles Mari a bit, before giggling. She didn't expect it, but for some reason the way he paused was quite funny. Mewo, who was now on the floor ever since Mari legit dropped it in shock upon entering sat there, watching its owner giggle at something stupid.

Kel thinks for a bit, as Sunny moves his head around, taking in the new and nostalgic environment. "Actually.. since we're here, I should probably get a gift for Hero.." The mention of Hero stopped Mari's giggling. Sunny also stops looking around, facing Kel once again. Kel puts his hands on his hips, "He's in college right now, but he SHOULD be back sometime tommorow!" He explains. Hero's in college? Time sure flies huh? Mari thinks to herself, since he's in college.. then that means.. she must be in college too! Oh, she must've missed a lot from the fact she never came to school after 15.. Hero must've missed her, how she wished she could be with him right now- learning and boring stuff like that.