chapter one hundred and one

AS NIGHT SETTLES over Kitty Hawk, Brooklyn feels it is safe for her to try and get up to Kiara. She rushes back to the Twinkie to hide out for a while, letting John B know that she has another way of getting to South America and that he can leave whenever. She finds a couple things that could help her if she finds herself in a sticky situation such as a metal pole which could do some damage if she needs to.

There were guards everywhere and Brooklyn was so close to Kiara that she was going crazy not being able to get up to her due to these guards. When she spots them walk off in a different direction, she crouches down and sneaks around, up the stairs to the reflection cabin where Kiara supposedly is.

She breaks open the lock using pliers she had found in the Twinkie, throws the lock down on the ground and opens the door only to see that Kiara isn't in here, but instead in Cabin Six as it reads on the wood, P4L Cabin 6, so Brooklyn is quick to run back down the stairs and towards where she believes Cabin 6 is.

When she finds it, she doesn't anticipate to find this many girls in one cabin. She listens to the door creak open as she sneaks in, shutting it gently behind her to avoid waking up the entire cabin. She crouches across the floor, whispering her name a couple times.

She notices a couple girls wake up from her very loud whispering and then a light turns on, and Brooklyn feels she's about to ruin this when the girl in the bed above asks, "What are you doing in here?"

She starts to talk to explain herself before she gets caught by guards, "Hi. Sorry to bother you all. Okay. I come in peace, I promise. I'm just looking for someone. I'm looking... I'm looking for..."

"Me," she hears her voice behind her and she exhales, relieved to see her again.

"Kie," she breathes out.

She watches her best friend climb down her ladders from the top bunk and rush over to Brooklyn. Brooklyn meets her half away and immediately wraps her arms around her. God, she didn't want to let go, afraid that she'd lose her again if she let go.

Kiara pulls away, a wide smile on her face. "How did... How?"

"It's a long story. No time to explain though," she speaks, her breathing heavy. "There is one thing though... You know how you asked me what I was going to say last night, and, Kiara, I just... I wanted to say I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

Kiara smiles and nods her head before saying three words and eight letters that Brooklyn doesn't expect to hear, "I love you."

"I love you too," she says immediately after. She leans forward, hugs Kiara again and presses a kiss to her cheek.

"Just as friends, right?" Kiara whispers in her ear and Brooklyn's smile is warm.

Brooklyn and Kiara look at each, wide smiles on their faces as they burst into laughter and the girls in the cabin cheer and applaud, but for a second, Brooklyn doesn't even listen to them because she's finally got her best friend back for good.

But then the screams and applauds are like sirens in her ears and she has to stop this. "Keep it down, keep it down. Shh!"

Kiara grabs her bag, snatches Brooklyn's hand and follows her out the cabin and in a different direction to the main entrance to avoid being caught. They're laughing, they're smiling, and Brooklyn has never felt better about anything in her life. "I never thought I was gonna make it out!" Kiara admits as they're running across the grass cheering.

"Oh, come on, you knew I couldn't leave you," Brooklyn speaks.

Kiara throws an arm around Brooklyn's shoulders. "This place can suck it!" she blows a kiss and squeezes her best friend as they continue to jog off to where they're meeting Mike and his crew.

She explains her plans to Kiara about how she left the Twinkie as a decoy, about Barracuda Mike and about how they missed Ward's plane but she has another way to South America and they'll be there just in time to meet the others.

When Mike pulls up, Kiara climbs into the back and Brooklyn climbs in the front, thanking him for going through with the plan. "The plane ready?" she asks and when she gets the nod, she smiles.

When they arrive at their location, Brooklyn is relieved to see the plane in all its glory. "Direct flight to South America on Barracuda Airlines. What more could you ask for?" Brooklyn laughs as her and Kiara are walking towards it.

"Are you sure?" Kiara asks.

"You got somewhere else to be?" she asks with a grin on her face.

She shakes her head and replies with, "Not anymore!"

She closes her hand around Kiara's. "Next stop, El Dorado," she speaks.

When they're up in the air, the smile on their faces is genuine, because now they're safe and with each other. Kiara throws her arms around Brooklyn again and the two girls laugh in harmony because everything is perfect, everything is how it should be and everything is all Brooklyn has ever needed and wanted.

Kiara and Brooklyn take comfort in their own little corner, away from the other men who are talking. Kiara's head falls on Brooklyn's shoulder and her hand still holds hers. "Thank you for saving me," she whispers.

Brooklyn looks down at her and smiles. "You're more important than gold, Kiara," Brooklyn tells her and Kiara returns the smile.

"And I'm sorry about wanting to end our friendship. I was mad and... Well, I didn't mean it, so I'm sorry for being a shitty friend recently," Kiara speaks, and it's all Brooklyn has wanted to hear for days. "You're my best friend. Nothing more, nothing less, I promise."

Brooklyn squeezes her hand in reassurance. "You're my best friend, Kie. Nothing more, nothing left," she repeats. "I love you."

"I love you too," she replies. "Now get some sleep."

────────────────────────

author speaks;

i wanted this chapter to be about how important kiara and brooklyn's friendship is and that they always put their friendship first.

that being said, a small part of me wanted kiara and brooklyn to end up

but alas, i'm planning to write a couple new outer banks stories for the future because season three is nearly over...

if anyone has any ideas of sorts for upcoming stories or any relationships/friendships you'd like to see then lemme know :)

hope you enjoyed!