Amnesia

DOCTOR X MEDICAL STUDENT WIFE

Tw: Stalking, shrine, Stockholm Syndrome, kidnapping

"Help me with this?" I asked my husband.

He came to my rescue and help me with the back of my dress.

It is date night and I am wearing a midnight blue dress. I then put on my heels, I would say I hate heels, but I don't. I like that they provide me, albeit being false, a sense of little height to my 5"3 frame.

Gabriel would often teased me, him being a freaking giant at 6"2, almost a whole foot taller than me.

It did not help that people often thought I was a child while walking beside him. But that, is not what we are here for.

One thing that separates Gabriel from other men is his behaviour.

We have been married for five yers and we haven't had a child yet. Not that we don't want to, he would've love a mini us running around the house but my health condition isn't exactly the best.

I walk towards the car to see my husband standing there, looking at me with stars in his eyes. As if I was handcrafted by God himself.

Gabriel is in love with me.

Like really IN LOVE with me.

We were in the same class at University, studying medical science. He was the top student while I was there due to my parents. He eventually became a successful doctor while I became a housewife, his wife.

I didn't notice his feelings for me at first, but accepted his proposal after knowing him for three months. He is genuine and honest with me.

I never thought that he would become like this.

It wasn't noticeable at first, just some few lost stuffs like pencils, cups, forks, hair ties, scrunchies, etc.

Then it escalated into stealing panties. Of course I knew I had a stalker, but I never thought that it would be my sweet boyfriend who did it. Also, it never occured to me that the campus golden retriever would do such a thing.....

I should've been careful because he is smart. And he easily manipulated me into thinking that I love him so much I would cut ties with my parents for him.

His lies became clearer after his nature is exposed.

His 'love' soon turned into obsession and possessiveness and I found myself locked up in his cabin. Yes, he has a cabin in the outskirt of town. His family is a mega-rich family, with daily expense amounting to my half year pocket money.

That was what happened.

We then turn up to our date site. It is a beautifully trimmed garden, filled with trees and flowers. I knew he love me but this place is showing top much money that it is almost unnecessary, almost. But my heart melted.

"This used to be my mother's garden before she passed, I wish to give it to you." He said so casually.

This has been the fifth time he gave me a plot of land in our marriage. If I choose to divorce him right now, I would be extremely rich with just the gifts he gave me.

"Honey, you don't have to....." I sigh and jokingly scold him.

You are being  materialistic, again. My mind screamed.

Why should I pretend not to want it if I clearly want it. I'm just being genuine, I thought to myself.

"Thanks, but I didn't prepare you any gift." I pout and kiss his lips.

"It's okay, you don't need to give me gifts, I just need your love." He reply and we proceed to eat the dinner.

"Shall we go back?" He asked again, concerned when he saw the goosebumps on my arms.

"Let's"  reply and we drove back home and change into something comfortable. We then lie down on the sofa, and binge watch Money Heist. It's a great show.

Gabriel frown on seeing me simp for the guys. He soon fell asleep on my lap and gave me time to think about life.

I was a good student who followed the dreams of my parents and I, wanting to become a doctor and help my parents relief the financial situation of our household.

I recieved a scholarship on a prestigious university and secured a seat on one of the best yet most difficult class. That's where I met Gabriel.

At first, I thought that he was a rich snob who spent money on useless things like chains, clubs, etc but he proved me wrong.

He is actually a nice guy but a little bit shy. I wasn't sure if the shy part was only on me as I often saw him interact with others quite normally why he became a talking spagheti with me.

Sometimes, he would smile at me and stare at me for a long time which was often awkward and weird to me. At one point, I even considered to report his actions to my supervisor but decided against it.

Then we became friends after he bought me a croissant seeing that I forgot my wallet at my dorm.

He is a really good guy with a good heart, he always help me out with my lessons.

Come three months and we dated, it was fine at first but like I said, he became obsessive.

I was soon unable to leave our shared apartment unless it was with him. Yes, I decided to move in with him, his apartment is ten times nicer than my dorm room which I shared with three other girls.

It was a mistake. I became too dependent on him. Living in his apartment, eating the food he bought, and enjoying the luxuries he offered.

When I learnt our about his true nature, it was too late.

I packed my bags, and upon packing it, I realised that almost all the good clothings were gifts from him.

I packed the normal clothes that I bought and leave the apartment. He was still sleeping but he soon found me outside, attempting to escape.

The elevator was out of order and I had to take the stairs. However, due to my rush, I fell down from the second floor steps. Some kind people help me to the nearest hospital.

I stayed in bed for two weeks.

I lose some part of my memory and decided to focus on my studies. We soon graduated.

The fall did a number on my memory and I did not regain my memories.

My relationship with him became better, with less fights and more intimacy.

After working for half a year, he proposed to me and I accepted.

Two years of trying for a baby yet no result and the results shocked us. It's either having a baby and risking my health.

But on our fifth year anniversary where I, once again, accidentally fell down a couple of stairs, I got my memories back and remember the way he was obsessed with me.

And ever since then, I pretend not to know anything and hid from him that I remember all.

After all, they were ugly memories.

And ever since then, I pretend to have amnesia. It worked well for our wedding.

I was so glad that I entered that class in university, without it, he won't be married to me. And I won't be the Co-heir of one of the largest company here in Europe.