Trusting Strange Men You Find In The Woods Is Perfectly Okay

TW: cursing

PSA: Tobias and Randy are not Tubbo and Ranboo's real names, they just sound like their screen names so I picked those.

If you like the fae AU thing, I have a reader insert in @OddBee_'s oneshot book under the name 'Follow Him Over Yonder'

---

"Look, look, look!" Tubbo exclaimed, pointing at a spot in the grass, practically bouncing with excitement. Ranboo wondered if he had an energy potion this morning. Sticking up in the sea of green was a ring of white mushrooms. 

Grabbing Ranboo's hand, Tubbo half-dragged his friend over to the circle, other hand clutching their picnic basket tightly. 

"Isn't it cool!?" He asked, answer clearly obvious to him.

"I don't know, Tubs. Aren't rings of mushrooms dangerous or something?" Ranboo had his doubts about this spot.

"Stop being superstitious!" He chided, plopping down on the picnic blanket he'd lain down a moment before.

Ranboo looked over at him with confusion painting his face. 

"Tubbo, I can teleport and our next-door neighbor is a witch. Literally."

Tubbo screwed up his face and huffed.

"Still! You're being paranoid," he complained. Uneasy but knowing this would be a losing battle, Ranboo conceded and sat next to his friend.

Sitting on the ground was not terribly comfortable for him. His legs were too long and the ground was uneven. The grass was soft, though, so he did his best to stretch out without crushing any of the pretty mushrooms circling the blanket.

"Hungry?" Tubbo asked, looking at peace with his eyes closed as he looked towards the sky, sun and shadow dancing across his face. The sight relaxed Ranboo. If Tubbo could be so carefree here, why couldn't he?

Now that he thought about it, he was pretty hungry. He hadn't eaten since 8:00AM, and judging by the position of the sun in the sky, it was about 1:00PM by now. 

"Yeah," he said, making grabby hands at the brunet next to him. "Hand it over."

Tubbo laughed and handed him the basket. 

"Save somethin' for me, okay?" 

"Alright. You sure you're not hungry?"

"Yeah," he confirmed, pulling out his cell phone lazily. Munching on a piece of bread, Ranboo tried to crane his neck and see what his friend was looking at. Tubbo smiled at his device, fingers tapping what Ranboo assumed was a text message.

That was odd.

They were supposed to be hanging out, just the two of them.

Ranboo brushed it off, trying his very best to remain unbothered. Tubbo could have other friends, he wasn't being replaced. Everything was great.

Letting out a forced calm breath, he relaxed his posture and shook away his fears. This daunting fear of replacement was getting out of hand.

"Who are you talkin' to?" He asked, trying to sound nonchalant.

"Oh! I met this friend at the market, her name is Cleo," he explained happily.

"And you gave her your phone number?" Ranboo questioned with concern. Did Tubbo know how easy it would be to stalk someone with their phone number? Hell, their full legal names were unique enough to work for someone who knew what they were doing. Let's face it, Tobias Underscore and Randy Live weren't exactly the John Smiths of names.