chapter six

"What are you doing?" Bill asked her before she could say anything.

"What do you mean?" She said unbothered by his tone.

"Why are you trying to get Riley to change her mind about us? She clearly wants to hang out  and you are trying to drag her away." Bill continued with an annoyed and angry tone.

"Why do you think? I'm not as naive as she is. I know you guys are acting all nice in front of her but it's just pretend. You're just trying to take advantage of girls on your stupid tour. But I'm not gonna get that happen."

"It's like I said Bill, she's only here to protect her friend but as soon as she gets the chance she will take Riley and run." Tom said looking at Bill not caring that she stood beside him.

"That's exactly what I will do. As soon as we leave this hotel I will call her dad, tell him everything and get him to book us a plane home." She said angrily.

"Well," Bill said looking from Mia to Tom. "then we have to make sure they don't leave this hotel by themselves." He turned to look at her again. "Because see, I like Riley and I think we would be a perfect couple for the world. And honestly, I think she feels the same way."

"No you can't do that. That's kidnapping!"

"No, Riley wants to be here, and you do too, don't you? Because you need to keep an eye on her right? Otherwise anything could happen. But still, even with you here, he can do whatever he wants, since she wont say anything." Tom said cruelly.

"You're sick! I will get her to understand that all of you are crazy."

"God you're overreacting. It's not such a big deal." Bill begun. "But, if you don't calm yourself down soon we will have to do something about it, right Tom?"

"That's true. We can't have you go around saying stuff."

"So my proposal is you, pretend at least, to like Tom. And when Riley thinks you are calm and actually likes one of us she will get calm too. And if you show the smallest sign of dissatisfaction or if you in any way bring down the mood, I wont be so nice to you or her anymore. And she will be treated like any other of my girls. So it's up to you if you want her to be happy and safe or not."

"Why me?" Tom had clearly been left out of this part of the plan.

"Because, first of all you two have chemistry, like it or not. And I think you're the only one of us that will be able to control her. Plus if you tell the fans you two are dating the fangirls suddenly need to back off, and wouldn't that be a nice change for a while." Bill said and Tom seemed to agree.

"What no! He's a jerk and I wont even pretend to like him. The fans deserve to know who ya'll actually are."

Tom started walking closer to her which made her back up against the wall. He came so close to her that she could feel his warmth against her face. 

"I'm not a jerk. I'm your new boyfriend that you love with all of your heart. And if i hear that you tell a single person about anything you're done. And from now on, I don't want you talking to other guys. Because if you're mine, you're mine.

"Get fucked!" 

smack 

Tom had slapped her across the face. 

"Fuck, I really dislike people who just never seem to know when to shut up. But now you know that, right?" Mia was in shock and couldn't comprehend what he was saying. He just hit her! She should call the cops on him! But something was holding her back from even thinking of doing that. She was truly scared of him now, of all of them. Scared for not only her own life, but for Riley's. 

"Right, Mia?" He said loudly through gritted teeth. 

"Right." She said quietly looking behind him at a wall. 

"Tom, really? On the first day? What's been up with you today? First drawing the gun inside of the club and now this?" Bill pulled Tom off of the scared girl to talk to him. Ever since they met the girls today he thought Tom was acting more aggressive than normal. 

"What the fuck do you think? This fucker has been driving me nuts today. But as long as she can watch her mouth she don't need to get hurt." He said turning to look at her who was still staring at the wall and shaking a little. 

She hadn't been hit like that since she'd been little, not with hate like that. 

She needed to get Riley and herself far, far away from this boy. She had never been so sure of anything in her life. 

"Whatever I need to get back to Riley now. You should get her something to drink she looks a little shaken." Bill said and waddled back into the living room where Riley had begun dancing to music Georg had put on.  

"Come here," he said pulling her beside him and then taking her to the kitchen. "What do you want?" 

"Uhm, I don't know." She said quietly still not daring to look at him. She had sat down on a bar-stool beside the fridge. 

"Mia, goddammit. Did you like the one from before?" 

"Not really." 

"Do you just want a normal Coke then?" 

"Yes, that's fine." 

He closed the fridge door and walked over to her. 

"Look at me." He said cupping her face then pulling gently so she would look at him. "I'm sorry if I scared you before, I really didn't mean to. I just have a hard time dealing with my emotions. I will never hurt you again i'm so, so sorry." He put his arms around her waist and hugged her. He continued to hug her and after a while Mia could feel herself hugging him back. She didn't want to, she hated him, but he really felt sorry for hurting her. And Mia hated when people were sad. 

They stayed like that for some time before he pulled away and turned back to the fridge. 

"Are you sure a Coke is fine?"

"Yes, Coke is good." 

He gave her the Coke and together they walked back to the others where Bill now had joined Riley in her dancing. Mia was about to sit where she used to, but Tom gestured for her to come and take a seat beside him. So she did, she sat sown beside the guy who had both threatened and hit her. But not only that, she laid her head on his shoulder and was about to fall asleep on him.

All of the guys once again exchanged looks and smirks with each other but this time Mia didn't notice, she had fallen asleep.