22 Tara sa rooftop?

"How was it?" I nervously asked beside her while she drove.

Yesterday, Bea and I decided to reveal our relationship to our parents. It was the perfect time given that I'll be in Cavite with my family while she'll be in Marikina with hers.

"Dad was very supportive when I told them. Although mom is still in shock, I couldn't read her mind, but I'm sure that she'll come around" she answered.

Tita Det has always been kind to me. Now that she knows about my relationship with her daughter, I'm anxious that she'll look at me differently.

"Pa'no kung ayaw na sa'kin ni Tita?"

"My mom could never dislike you. There's nothing to dislike about you in the first place. Besides, mom knows you and she's fond of you. She's just shocked, that's all" she reassures, rubbing the back of my hand with her right thumb while her left hand firmly grips the steering wheel.

"How about you? How did Tito and Tita react?" balik niyang tanong sa akin.

"Okay lang din naman daw kay Mama. Natuwa pa nga siya e" I chuckle, remembering how excited she was when I told her.

"Si Papa naman hesitant pa. He wants to meet you formally daw before he approves" I continued, looking at her afterwards to check on her reaction.

"I have no problem with that" she replies. She didn't seem scared or nervous at all.

"Sa'n ba tayo pupunta?" I asked, changing the topic. I looked out the window to see the familiar road going to Antipolo.

"Patience, my darling. Malapit na tayo" After the tiring conference, nag aya si Bea na magdate kami to relieve our stress. I didn't know that we'll go out right after training. Buti na lang at na kapagdala ako ng maayos na damit.

Lumiko siya patungo sa isang restaurant wherein she parks the car to a vacant spot.

"Tara sa rooftop?" aya niya sa'kin pagbaba namin ng kotse.

"Bea, maaraw. Baka mainit masyado diyan" pigil ko sa kanya na excited nang pumasok sa loob.

Mataas 'yung tirik ng araw so I'm sure that it's very hot up there, but she didn't listen. Instead, she held my hand, guiding me up the stairs to the rooftop of the restaurant.

I was surprised to see the rooftop decorated with flowers. A table set for two is located in the center.

"Ano 'to?" natatawang tanong ko kay Bea. I thought we were only going on a casual date. I didn't know she had prepared a whole set-up for us.

"I prepared this for you. This is your reward for being the best girlfriend ever" She smiles, halatang proud sa surprise niya.

"We don't need to order anymore. I already ordered for us beforehand" She led me to the fence, the view of Metro Manila right in front of us. She wrapped her hands around me, her standing from behind as she slowly rested her chin on my shoulder.

"Babe, 'yung araw" I giggle, trying to escape her embrace and the light from the sun but she won't let me. "Bahala ka, baka umitim ako masyado. Baka ma-turn off ka sa'kin" I jokingly warned.

"Imposible" she quickly shuts the idea, rolling her eyes at me.

I attempt to escape again, but she tightens her grip around me. "Babe!" We both laugh at how childish we're becoming.

"Shh, stay stil" she commands. "You've been escaping the sun for most of your life. You need your vitamin D intake"

I leaned myself to her, closing my eyes to avoid getting blinded by the sun. I let myself feel the heat of the sun peer through my skin.

The peaceful environment of the resto was exactly what we needed. Our team's devastated because we weren't able to make it to the finals. More people are also speculating about our relationship, which has brought unnecessary comments about us. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't bothered by them.

I opened my eyes, only to see her staring right at me. The moment was interrupted when the waiters brought our food to the table.

"Let's eat?" I asked, walking back to our table.

"Hey, wait, listen to me first" she says, halting me from moving any further. "I know you've been reading what people say about us, and I hope you'd stop reading them. Babe, I can see you slowly getting affected by it. Their opinions don't matter. THEY don't matter. This is about us, so don't listen to them. Ikaw lang 'yung mahal ko, wala nang iba, and they can't do anything about it"

I smiled, trying to keep the tears from falling. I didn't know that she noticed.

Bea never fails to reassure me. She never fails to make me feel loved. She makes me feel as if I'm the luckiest woman in the world, and I don't even know what I did to deserve her.

"I love you so much, Bea" I hugged her, the tears are slowly streaming down my face.

"I love you more" she replied, kissing my temple. "Tara na, lalamig na 'yung pagkain"

.

mema update