twenty two

DELILAH WALKED INTO JOE'S BAR, the door jingling as she swung it open

DELILAH WALKED INTO JOE'S BAR, the door jingling as she swung it open. Almost immediately, Meredith's head snapped to see who it was. She still held out hope that it was Derek and he was just late.

Upon seeing who was at the door, Meredith visibly deflated. Delilah walked up beside her and frowned. "Oh, come on, Mer. Aren't you happy to see me?" she asked.

The dirty blonde sighed. "I am... It's just..." her voice trailed off.

"She was expecting you to be her McDreamy," Joe supplied.

Delilah let a sad smile cross her features. So, he didn't choose her. "I'm sorry, eonni," Delilah whispered. She put a supportive hand on Meredith's arm, rubbing it soothingly.

Meredith's head shot up from where it was nestled between her arms. "I actually said, "Pick me." Right? I did? "Pick me"?" she regretfully confessed.

"I think it's romantic," Joe said, trying to make her feel better.

Meredith frowned. "It's not romantic, Joe. It's horrifying," she corrected. "Horror movie horrifying."

"Oh, it couldn't have been that bad, couldn't it?" Delilah asked.

Meredith gave her a look. "I gave him a speech professing my love for him in the scrub room after surgery. I said, "Pick me, choose me, love me". It was horrifying, Lilah," she remarked.

"I'm sure he loved it, eonni. But you're in a bar now. It's time for you to let go of your sorrows and have fun," the brunette grinned. "Maybe you'll even find someone new," she suggested, wiggling her eyebrows.

Suddenly, all of the doctors in the bar were paged. One of them called out to Joe to turn the TV on.

Lo and behold, there was a crash. From what she could see on the TV, it was pretty bad. Delilah only hoped that they could save some people.

With a forced smile on her face (which looked more like a grimace than anything), Delilah turned to her friends. "I have coconut water in my car?"

⚕⚕⚕

As the interns rushed to prepare for the long night, a very well-dressed Dr Bailey walked by. Delilah grinned, greeting the woman cheerfully. "You look great, Dr Bailey. How was dinner with Tucker?" she asked.

The African-American smiled at her back. "As well as an interrupted anniversary could go. Lilah, could you get me my shoes, please?" she responded.

"Right away, doctor," Delilah smiled before rushing to get her Resident's Crocs.

Dr Bailey gave the remainder of the interns a look. "What are you all standing there looking foolish for? Look alive, people," she exclaimed.

When she walked by Meredith, the dirty blonde smiled. "Hello. I seem to be a little bit drunk," she cheesed. "I was off duty," she added, trying to justify her inebriated state.