-seventeen-

"What are you doing up?" ChangBin questions, arms crossed over his chest as he leans against Chan's doorframe.

"Can't sleep." Chan clears his scratchy throat as he plays with some sounds on his laptop.

"Still got a fever?" ChangBin makes his way toward the older and presses the back of his hand to his forehead. "Yep."

"I'm fine." Chan gently brushes him off and tugs at the collar of his sweatshirt.

Things got carried away earlier, he can't expose himself so soon. His neck is something that he needs to keep at bay for awhile, luckily the damage he did to her is much easier to hide. They would never make her show anything lower than a T-shirt neckline. Her chest is a special place that is kept hidden away from the world and that will never change. Her legs—those may see the world, but he can handle that. He can handle people seeing her slender legs—as long as they don't touch. They're his to touch. Only his.

"You do look like you had a bit of life brought back into you. You got at least some rest, right? I know you're not one to get tons of sleep, so I'm not gonna nag you—but you did sleep at least a bit, right?" ChangBin's eyes fall on the song slowly coming together on Chan's computer.

"A few hours." Chan admits, a bit distracted by a particularly difficult part.

"Did you eat? Are you drinking lots?" ChangBin ruffles Chan's natural curls, amused by the soft feeling. It's been awhile since Chan's hair has had time to rest and he's glad he'd gotten the chance to let it happen.

"Are you my mom?" Chan tilts his head back to look at him amused. Even if ChangBin is interrupting him, he can't help but appreciate his concern for him.

"Yeah—so what if I am—Mama Bin. Drink some damn water, you brat." ChangBin chuckles, shoving an open bottle of water toward Chan.

"Thanks, Binnie." Chan can't help but smile at him while opening the water and taking a swig.

"You really do look better, Channie. I'm glad. You really had me worried." ChangBin squats down next to Chan, his hand resting on the older's knee to keep him balanced.

"I'll be fine. Is Sung in bed?" Chan glances around ChangBin to take a glimpse into the hallway.

"He's fine. Not sleeping, but he's in his room. MinHo is here." ChangBin informs him without hesitation.

"Finally caved and said something?" Chan mumbles, sorry he couldn't be there to hear JiSung's inevitable confession.

"Yeah—kinda my fault. I was picking on him and he got worked up and let it go. He freaked out once it sank in. Spent awhile shaking and crying—going on about how mad MinHo was gonna be. I finally convinced him to just call MinHo and he agreed to come check on him. He's been here maybe an hour." ChangBin fills in the older on what he'd missed.

"It was just a matter of time until one of them slipped up. They can't live without one another." Chan returns his focus to his song, trying to hide his own fact he can't live without a certain someone.

"What about you?" ChangBin mumbles, looking toward Chan worriedly.

"Me? What about me?" Chan hums, more than willing to play stupid.

"You were pretty devastated about EunChae earlier. How are you doing now?" ChangBin searches his face for any telltale sign about his condition.

"I'm fine. Perfectly fine." Chan insists, truly doing a lot better after seeing her and hearing it all from her.

WooBin never kissed her. He never stepped over any unforgivable boundaries. He cared for EunChae in his absence in a reasonably respectable way. Sure—was Chan happy that she was so close to him—no—but he had no ill intentions toward her. She can be clingy at times, so it's understandable if he was just trying to make her feel more comfortable. WooBin was protecting her when he couldn't.