Chapter 1

Jacob agreed to switch to Forks High School for Bella's sake. He felt better knowing he would be there to watch over her, knowing who would be in that school. He'd never spoken to the vampires. Never wanted to. But he'd seen them around Forks before. Heard that one of them had fucking mind-reading abilities.

The first day of school had been fine; he and Bella stuck together, made some new friends, even. That was until the last class of the day.

Biology.

Bella was in a different class. Jacob was on his own with this one.

And, of course, the cherry on top - he was there. With the only free seat right next to him.

Wonderful.

Jacob almost backed out, taking one step backwards toward the door behind him. But Mr Banner handed Jacob his slip, placed his hand on the back of Jacob's arm lightly to direct Jacob toward the empty seat and continued his teaching, completely oblivious to the diabolic glares the wolf and vampire were giving each other - eyes never wavering from the thin thread of tension pulling taught.

If looks could kill...

Jacob released his stare, walked to his table, set his bag down and took his seat.

Jacob smirked. "Hey, I'm Jaco-"

"I know who you are," Edward snapped lowly, cutting Jacob's introduction off.

"Geez, alright," Jacob scoffed. "You're a Cullen, right?" He took a whiff of the air, "Mm, yeah, I can smell it. You fucking stink," Jacob remarked, mimicking the vampire's low tone.

"You really want to start comparing stinks?" Edward seethed, eyes black and narrowed threateningly.

"Yeah," Jacob grinned, "I have a few things I could compare you to."

"Nothing could be worse than the stench of wet dog," Edward scowled.

Jacob hummed in thought, "Try bleach. Or, more accurately, rotting toenail," he sneered back petulantly.

Edward shook his head in irritation, turning away from the wolf to continue his schoolwork.

The rest of class was filled with side eyes and silent insults. When the bell rang, the two of them shot up, grabbed their bags and darted toward the door for escape, pushing and shoving at each other with snarls when one tried to leave first. It was Mr Banner who allowed Edward to win - making the vampire grin in victory - when he asked Jacob to stay back to talk with him about class and catching up on missed work.

After that, Jacob went to the office to see if he could switch classes, only to see Edward already beat him to it.

"Every class is full," the receptionist informed the vampire. "Just a minute, dear," she said to Jacob when she saw him walk in before addressing Edward again. "I'm afraid you'll have to stay in biology," she finalized regretfully.

Over Jacob's dead body was he letting Bella switch classes with him and leaving her alone with this undead freak.

Edward peered over his shoulder to glare at Jacob as if the very sight of the wolf caused him pain.

"Fine," the vampire growled with gritted teeth. "Just- Just have to endure it," he hissed as he stormed out of the office, bumping Jacob's shoulder spitefully as he went.

This should be interesting.

✩──────✩──────✩

(A.N.

Thank you for reading! Please review :3)