【Voracity】

Silence rings through your ears, louder than a gunshot.

There had been people here five minutes prior, but they'd all disappeared to who knows where now.

Where is 'here', you may ask? Your home, silly. Your parents had thrown another party for no reason, but they said you could invite some of your friends over as well.

So naturally, you took them up on that generous offer. Better to be partying in your house with friends, than to be locked in your room because it's all adults, right?

After about seven hours of partying, everyone was tired and left. So now, you're stuck by yourself. After about four seconds of thinking (you're too tired to handle any more than that), you realize that your stomach is absolutely begging to eat something.

Tired as you are, you think "Hey, maybe if you ignore it, it'll go away." You then lay on your bed, and yes, indeed, it did go away! For about...3 hours. Because you were sleeping. Now your stomach is practically eating you from the inside.

You clutch your stomach and head down the stairs, stumbling a bit. You catch yourself well enough that you don't fall to your death. "Yeah, maybe it was an absolutely fucking stupid idea to sleep... What're you gonna do about it?" You say spitefully, to... yourself?

Ah, whatever. You make your way off the last step, clutching your stomach even harder than before. Fuck, it seems your little hunger pains are getting even worse. You look around for your parents, and they're nowhere to be found.

Probably sleeping, or off smoking out on the porch. "Whatever, it's their damn business what they do." You muttered to yourself as you hastily made your way to the kitchen.

You grab some instant noodles and throw them in the microwave, as you continued to clutch your stomach in order to lessen the pain.

You rest your head on the kitchen counter as you do so. "What a fucking pain in the ass..." you mutter, continuing to wait for your savior, food, to finish heating up in the microwave.

Once it finished microwaving, you ate like an animal, not caring whether it tastes bad or not. In less than two minutes, the food was in your stomach. There was one, teeny, tiny, minuscule, microscopic problem, though.

Your stomach still feels empty.