are you ready to fly?

this one's gonna be kinda long too😭
1955
louisiana hayride📍

colonel grabs his clown walking stick before walking off, he turns the corner to see elvis, leaning against a wall. he was alone, lost. colonel goes to tap on his shoulder before a voice is heard from afar.

"elvis! elvis come on man, hurry up!" bill yells, elvis quirks a brow before walking away, leaving colonel alone.

"wait up!" elvis says, running towards the boys. they make their way into the mirror maze.

elvis turns a corner, separating from everyone else trying to find the way out.

"oh." he says as he bumps into a mirror

"lost my boy?" he hears. he turns to see colonel.

"colonel parker, sir" he says before being tapped on his shoulder by a cane from beside him.

"you look lost." colonel says as elvis turns towards him.

elvis lets out a chuckle "well i guess i am." he says before leaning on a pole.

"yeah.. the roar of the crowd, the life on the road, and then calling home to your loved ones pretending nothing has changed.. when everything has, lost." he says nodding before putting a cigar in his mouth.

elvis looks at him confused. "sorry sir i-i-i meant i don't know the way out." he says.

"yeah, that is precisely what i am saying. i.. i saw you. apart from all the others, burdened like you don't know how to get out of this. but i do." colonel says before opening a hidden door. "allow me to show you.

elvis stands there before following him.

"creatures of the carnival. and i am one myself. it's where i learned the art of the snowjob." colonel says

"snowjob?"

"yes! it's like the trick you do with the wiggling. getting all the girls hipped up. empty their wallets and leave them with nothing but the smiles on their faces." colonel explains.

"i'm no trickster.." elvis replies.

"oh yes you are.. all showmen are snowmen" he says before walking to the guy who controls the ferris wheel. "nobody on the aerio ." he demands.

colonel and elvis hop on the ferris wheel. "you're future, mr. presley. blazing before you! recording contracts, television, even hollywood." colonel says.

elvis shakes his head before laughing. "you're great colonel. you are the best person i could ever hope to work with. y-ya know this is something i-i ain't ever said to nobody before.. but i belive i can be great too."

"ohh no doubt. but we can be even greater together. but, to achieve this i need to represent you exclusively." colonel replies.

"exclusively? sir i.. i don't follow. what about hank snow?" elvis asks.

"hank.. yes..he sent me here to fire you" colonel says before the ferris wheel comes to a hault, elvis holding on to the sides of it. he was scared of heights but wouldn't admit it.

"hank wants you off the tour." colonel continues. "so i will have to leave hank.." he says, making elvis look up at him with wide eyes. "we will both have to make sacrifices. we will need a record label with national distribution."

"r..ca?" elvis asks in disbelief.

colonel nods and smiles. "rca."

"but sam phillips.. discovered me."

"i know. but we have a way to help sam understand that it would be foolish of him to hold you back. every man has his price."

sun records📍