ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ

𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚣𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

Wednesday October 15th, 1968.

Wally walked into work with a pep in his step and a large smile. He'd spend the last two days spending time with you and your family that it even ended with him getting a kiss on the cheek.

You decided to stay home with your mom today, she seemed much better today; talking and staying awake with a big smile but you didn't want to risk her being alone again. Wally convinced you to let him inform the boss and he lied; saying your rental car had broken down when you were leaving your hotel which was a surprisingly believable lie.

"Barnaby my man. You would not believe the night I had!" Wally said with a large smile, walking into Barnaby's dressing room and closing the door behind him.

Barnaby laughed and put out his cigar in the ashtray by his vanity, turning to face Wally as he flopped on the couch.

"Well you seem happy today." Barnaby said laugh, beginning to paint his face for the shoot today. Wally let out a sigh with a huge smile, his arm draping over his eyes as he giggled a bit.

"Watch out loverboy, your smile might burn my curtains." Barnaby joked only for Wally's face to grow warmer, a far away look in his eyes making Barnaby pause, he watched as Wally's fingers traced his cheek.

Barnaby's stayed quiet, looking in the mirror at Wally for a moment as his face for more serious.

"Wally. I need you to be honest with me here bud. What deal did you make with the boss?..." Barnaby said randomly.

Wally's eyes shot open at this, quickly sitting up as only the sound of the clock ticking filled the room.

"What do you mean?" Wally asked playing dumb making Barnaby roll his eyes.

"I was talking with Poppy yesterday while you were gone and she said before the boss had left the studio she saw him whisper something to (Y/N). I'm not an idiot dude. The boss wouldn't just let you off with a warning and not cancel the show. What did you lose in order for him to leave the show alone?"

Wally stayed quiet, his smile dropping as he starred at Barnaby with no expressions on his face. Barnaby sighed at this, knowing Wally wasn't the best at talking about his emotions.

"Listen kid... you don't have to be afraid with me. We've been friends for so long so you don't have to worry about hurting my feelings or feeling like yours not important. What was the deal?..."

Wally swallowed, his shoulders sinking at the reality set in. He only had 3 more days.

"I-... he threatened to fire everyone and (Y/N) or cancel the show... he said I was becoming distracted with her. So I-" Wally paused, guilt and regret swallowing him.

"I made a deal that by the end of this week I would no longer talk or work with (Y/N)... she would be transferred to another actor and never speak to me again to ensure that the show and cast doesn't get canceled from production."

Barnaby stayed quiet, his eyes widening as he starred at Wally.

"Well why the fuck would you go and do that?!" He said flabbergasted, his face warping with confusion and surprise.

"I couldn't risk any of you getting fired! You all worked so hard and so does (Y/N) I just-! I only accepted with the exceptions that she would get a good pay raise, a secure job placement, and other perks."

Barnaby sighed, beginning to understand where Wally was coming from.

"So your basically protecting the show, us, and her all at the same time while the only thing you lose is your connection to her...?"